ELECTION NOMINATIONS ARE NEEDED. SEND YOURS TO secretary@thevmc.com ×

alternative hotels

cripley

We are working with Hunter Mountain for the alternatives.  We should have something in the next day or so.  Additionally, since the registration deadline is approaching there is some churn in the rooms available at Hunter Mountain.

Thanks,

Jim

I can't comment on the quality of Mountain Treasure B&B. Last time I was in there, I was 18, and it was operating as a bar. LOL!

Nice ride over to it, but it's not in the same valley as Hunter. And there isn't much of anything around it, as far as amenities go. It's in a rural location.

There are closer options. If you want suggestions, shoot me a PM and tell me what kind of place you have in mind, and what your budget may be.

I don't wish to step on the Adirondack chapter's toes ... but I do live 6 miles from Hunter Mountain.

Tried adding my name to the "waiting list" but was told there was no such list. However, the lady did take my name with a memo that i was looking incase there was a cancellation (but no real list????). Other places I've tried in the area are either shut down or only open Friday - Sunday. If the local could provide a list of accommodations that are in business, as well as open Wed/ Thurs to Sunday, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ann

I was given these hotels, but was told that there was not special rates.

Roseberry Inn

Scribner Hallow Lodge

Hunter Inn

Villa Vosilla

I passed these on to those who were looking for rooms. They have found them to be much more expensive. They have also found that many of the hotels in the area are not open on Wednesday or Thursday nights. If anyone has had different experiences, please pass them on so that we can let our members know.

I got this from Teare at the Resort today, thought I would pass it along.

Some Lodging Options in and around Hunter:

Hunter Inn (They will only open Thursday if they get 20 rooms)

Beautiful accommodations ranging from hotel style to luxurious suites. Complimentary full buffet breakfast, occasional cocktail hour, open WiFi. Two children 16 and under stay free with parents. M $105-155 W $170-250 Peak/Holiday $200-285; Prices are subject to change w/o notice. 518-263-3777 hunterinn.com 

**** This is the larger of the accommodations close by but they are generally not open on Thursdays.  I have spoken with Laura previously and have another call in today.  The last information I had gotten from her was $130 average nightly for a room with 2 – Queen beds, $185 nightly for a room with either 1-King or 1-Queen.  My thought is just have people call here, if they get the we aren’t open Thursday speech, tell your group to ask to be put on a list of Victory Riders calling, perhaps that will help.  I hope to hear from them soon.**** 

The Fairlawn Inn 

Rated #1 in NY by NYSHTA in 2010, three leaf green rated by Audubon International. Nine luxurious rooms all with private baths, some with fireplaces, all with WiFi, flat screen TVs, DVD players, and more. Four common area rooms abundant porches, gardens and patio where you can relax. Full cooked to order breakfast, walking distance to Hunter Mountain. Secure online reservations available.  M from $129 W $159-$218; 518.263.5025 fairlawninn.com

**** This Inn has 6 rooms available and is less than a mile from the mountain, it is on main street in Hunter.  The nightly charges range from $159 - $229.  There is a 2 night minimum and people can book online.  ****

The Washington Irving Inn 

Minutes from world class skiing at Hunter Mountain. Lift ticket specials. Classy comfort in 15 country rooms, modern amenities, splendid mountain views, authentic period pieces/antiques. 2 miles to Hunter Mountain. M from $125 W $140-190; Full breakfast included. 518-589-5560 washingtonirving.com

***I spoke with Andrea and they have all of their 15 rooms available ranging in price from $150-180, that includes a full breakfast and an afternoon tea.  There are varying size rooms with various types of beds, from twin to queen to king.  Just depends on what people are looking for.***

The Mountain View Lodge

Located in the heart of the beautiful northern Catskill Mountains with breathtaking sights of Hunter Mountain.  The Mountain View Lodge is conveniently located near many activities and attractions.  We are one of the most popular places to stay all year round. 518-263-4422 mvlodge.com

**** My manager says this is first class LODGE.  It is small, a total of 10 rooms and approximately 2 miles from the mountain.  7 of those rooms have 2- FULL size beds, 1 has 1-QUEEN, and 1 has 1-KING.  The charge is $90 per night.  The 7 rooms with 2 full beds can conceivably hold 4 adults, there is a $10 per person charge for an occupancy over 2 people (so another $20 for another couple).  I spoke with Suzanne, mention Victory Riders.****