V2V 15 Leg 14, Stroudsburg, PA to Chickopee, MA 7/04/14

Welcome to the 15th Annual Victory Highway Relay (V2V)

Leg 14, 7/04/14, Stroudsburg, PA to Chickopee MA.

Road Captain: Sportsman Matt

Co- Captains: XC Bubba, Long_Will, jjkat

Hotel Information:

I have a block of 10 rooms reserved at Hampton Inn for July 4th evening.

The room rate is $124.00 plus tax per room.

You have to call the hotel directly to make this reservation to get the discounted rate.

Call 1-413-593-1500 and tell them you are with the VMC Group. Reservations have to be made before 6/9/14.

Hampton Inn

600 Memorial Drive

Chicopee MA

413-593-1500

I've reserved a block of 10 rooms at the Budget Inn this year. Problem is it is race weekend also in the Poconos.

More details to follow but so far we have:

Budget Inn

320 Greentree Drive

East Stroudsburg PA 18301

Phone 1-800-233-8144

Rate is $79.00 plus tax

Promo Code is TBA

Mention you are with the VMC and only there for the 3rd and leaving on the 4th.

Stroudsburg Budget Inn, tell them you are with the Victory Motorcycle Club. I have 10 rooms reserved with them at $79.00 each, contact the hotel directly for reservation at 1-800-233-8144.

Now for the end at Chicopee MA.

I have a block of 10 rooms reserved at Hampton Inn for July 4th evening.

The room rate is $124.00 plus tax per room.

You have to call the hotel directly to make this reservation to get the discounted rate.

Call 1-413-593-1500 and tell them you are with the VMC Group. Reservations have to be made before 6/9/14.

Hampton Inn

600 Memorial Drive

Chicopee MA

413-593-1500

Also I have worked the same or lower rates for June 20-21, 2015 for Stage 1 of the 2015 V2V, just have to finalize the details after July 2nd 2014.

Also April 13, 2014 1pm V2V planning meeting at Bentleys Pub is Sturbridge MA. All are welcome.

Just took a peak at the route .. traffic is going to suck going through Great Barrington and Stockbridge on route 7/23. This route goes through two of the worst traffic areas in southern Berkshire county. I am hoping to make the pre-ride (not sure yet) but I am going to research a possible alternative to avoid these areas (especially on July 4th) .. although it may be unavoidable ..

Here's the itinerary for the trip from Stroudsburg to Chicopee.

7:45am Rider Meeting in the parking lot of the Budget Inn in Stroudsburg PA

8am Kickstands up leaving the Budget Inn in Stroudsburg

9am Stop at the PA Welcome Center Rte 84 and Rte 209 just over the border from Port Jarvis NY. 10 minute break

9:10am Leave Welcome Center

10:15am Arrive at Kerhonkson Country Store 6532 Rt 55 Kerhonkson NY for Fuel Stop

10:45 am Leave Kerhonkson Country Store

11:30am Arrive at Xtra Mart in Red Hook NY

11:40am Leave Xtra Mart

12:40pm Arrive at McDonald's Rte 7 in Great Barrington MA

1:20pm Leave McDonald's

2:30pm Arrive at 756 Britton St Chicopee MA for cookout and post V2V gathering.

I am going to try to adhere to this timeline, if we do run late between some stops, we will cut the break time down to semi keep on schedule. If we are running earlier, we will extend the break time. Figures out we ride about 60-75 minutes with breaks to stretch and use restrooms and rehydrate.

BTW there is a bonus pack for the V2V. $10 gets you a T-shirt, Hat , Patch, and possibly a Pin, complements of Victory Motorcycles. (Pin availability is dependent on how far east they make it)

See me on the route, or at XC_Bubba's party, or pm me on the 5th and I will see what I can get from what's left.

Hey Matt!

I'm sure Arnold has already told you, but put us down for a "bonus pack" each please! The menu for the cookout at this point looks like grilled sausage, pepper n onions, tater salad, mac salad, possibly some bbq chicken, and other assorted "stuff" so bring your appetites!

:dp :wcm