The 19th Annual V2V is underway

This year we have a total number of registered participants of 122, including some riding multiple legs. The ride, with 13 legs, will end as always on July 4th, this year in Atlantic City. 

Thanks go to the Leg Captains for leading this important event, for the participants for supporting this event, and to the VMC membership for sponsoring this event.

Follow the progress on the spot link here:

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0FBUIXzM3I6oHkDvidxv83aupL7NoWROZ

- Gene

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 1

Congrats to Leg Captain Donna Dovel and all the Leg 1 participants for completing Leg 1 of the 19th annual V2V. I wish I could have ridden with you it looks like a good route/ride. - Gene 

Edited by gene hunt

Congrats to Leg Captains Donna Dovel and Rose Mandile and  all the Leg 2 participants for completing Leg 2 of the 19th annual V2V. I wish I could have ridden with you it looks like it was a good route/ride.

Participants should have been:

Rose Mandile (LC)
Rod Bond
Donna Dovel
Rick Gunder
Cleta Gunder
Ed Okamoto
Patricia Rowe
Tom Wise

Pics added.

- Gene 

IMG_6384.jpg

IMG_6385.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

IMG_6392.jpg

IMG_6400.jpg

IMG_6403.jpg

IMG_6410.jpg

IMG_6411.jpg

IMG_6423.jpg

Edited by gene hunt

4 hours ago, gene hunt said:

Congrats to Leg Captains Donna Dovel and Rose Mandile and  all the Leg 2 participants for completing Leg 2 of the 19th annual V2V. I wish I could have ridden with you it looks like it was a good route/ride. - Gene 

Hwy 50 East of Carson City is the most desolate road you ever want to see for about 300 miles is a lot of nothing. I think there are 4 or 5 little towns along the way. but I ride it

It's always a thrill to watch the progress from coast to coast each year.  This is the first time since 2011 that we haven't been part of this amazing event so being able to monitor is even more special.  And I'm tickled to see the "jar of sand" is back!  Ride on V2Vers!

• Like 1

Leg 3 began on schedule, I watched their progress on my iPhone.

Congrats to Leg 3 Participants and Leg Captain Rose?, for completing Leg 3.

Rose Mandile (LC)
Donna Dovel
Rick Gunder
Cleta Gunder
Mark  Jensen
Spring Jensen
Ed Okamoto
Patricia Rowe
Tom Wise

- Gene

Pics added from Utah. More pictures

20180623_102603.jpg

20180624_133615.jpg

20180624_134829.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

Edited by gene hunt

Leg 4 of the 2018 19th Annual V2V  has begun, follow their progress on the spot map  https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0FBUIXzM3I6oHkDvidxv83aupL7NoWROZ . - Gene

Congrats to Graham and participants for completing Leg 4, registered participants were:

Graham  Vincent (LC)
Gerald Alkire
Ryan Alkire
Clayton Arendt
John Dextras
Charlie Dischner
Daren Fields
Rick Gunder
Cleta Gunder
Vivian Hardin
Julie Harkin
Todd Harkin
Mark  Jensen
Spring Jensen
J. Martinez
Ed Okamoto
Paul Simpson 
Tina Simpson
Jeff Walker
Sue Walker

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 1

Leg 5 of the 2018 19th Annual V2V  has begun, follow their progress on the spot map.

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0FBUIXzM3I6oHkDvidxv83aupL7NoWROZ . - Gene

Following on the spot, fantastic roads/scenery I gotta do the whole thing next year! The when I get to CA, head south to San Diego and take the http://www.americanroads.us/autotrails/oldspanishtrail.html from San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, Fla then catch the Auto Train back to VA.

- Gene

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 7:00 PM, wildpew said:

Hwy 50 East of Carson City is the most desolate road you ever want to see for about 300 miles is a lot of nothing. I think there are 4 or 5 little towns along the way. but I ride it

We dropped down on the 722 to make it interesting.  ☺️

On 6/23/2018 at 7:00 PM, wildpew said:

We dropped down on the 722 to make it interesting.  ☺️

On 6/24/2018 at 11:12 AM, gene hunt said:

Leg 3 began on schedule, I watched their progress on my iPhone.

Congrats to Leg 3 Participants and Leg Captain Rose?, for completing Leg 3.

Rose Mandile (LC)
Donna Dovel
Rick Gunder
Cleta Gunder
Mark  Jensen
Spring Jensen
Ed Okamoto
Patricia Rowe
Tom Wise

- Gene

Pics added from Utah. More pictures

20180623_102603.jpg

20180624_133615.jpg

20180624_134829.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

Actually we had Drake Green and Mark Jensen manage Leg Captain duties as Rose (Mandile) was on her hubbys Indian since her Cross Trike was down.  Still a fantastic ride!  

Congrats to Graham Vincent and Leg 5 Participants below for completing Leg 5 of the 2018 19th Annual V2V. Also some pictures. - Gene

Graham  Vincent (LC)
Gerald Alkire
Ryan Alkire
Clayton Arendt
Brian Beck
Michelle Beck
John Dextras
Charlie Dischner
Daren Fields
Rick Gunder
Cleta Gunder
Vivian Hardin
Julie Harkin
Todd Harkin
Lowell Johnson
J. Martinez
Ed Okamoto
Paul Simpson 
Tina Simpson
Jeff Walker
Sue Walker

20180625_094245.jpg

20180625_101040.jpg

20180626_144557.jpg

20180626_144710.jpg

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 1

Gene, thank you for posting each day about each leg and the participants. I like to see how many riders are participating. I didn't join the Victory family until 2012, but did my first V2V 14 days later. I have seen this as an important part of the VMC since joining and hope that it can continue. It seemed to almost die out in my area a few years ago and 1 leg had 2 bikes. I'm hoping for much better numbers this year. Also, thank you to those that are posting pictures. It helps to get the word out there.

Leg 6 of the 2018 19th Annual V2V has begun, follow leg Captain Paul Simpson and the following registered participants on the spot map https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0FBUIXzM3I6oHkDvidxv83aupL7NoWROZ

Paul Simpson (LC)
Gerald Alkire
Ryan Alkire
Clayton Arendt
Charlie Dischner
Vivian Hardin
Lowell Johnson
Tina Simpson
Brian  Weston 

- Gene 

2 hours ago, HAWT1 said:

Gene, thank you for posting each day about each leg and the participants. I like to see how many riders are participating. I didn't join the Victory family until 2012, but did my first V2V 14 days later. I have seen this as an important part of the VMC since joining and hope that it can continue. It seemed to almost die out in my area a few years ago and 1 leg had 2 bikes. I'm hoping for much better numbers this year. Also, thank you to those that are posting pictures. It helps to get the word out there.

Thanks, trying to do my part as Chairman and the LCs, others are sending me the pictures to post. I think this event is one of the important events we do, not everyone agrees but that's okay. Glad we have the spot back this year and also the jar of seashore. Put the spot in satellite view and zoom in and you can get a real idea of the area they are riding in. - Gene

Edited by gene hunt

Rode out of Castle Rock with Paul for the first hour this morning, before breaking off in Kiowa to head home. It is a hot one on the plains of Colorado today, was about 85 degs at 8.30 am, when I headed toward the house! Ohh how those guys are going to be wishing for the high mountain passes of the last few days,, 🙂 and will be windy and storms when they get to Wilson Kansas.

Paul decided to get a "scoot out" early this morning to try to beat the heat and the storms, Rick and Cleta were waiting for the Denver traffic to "thin out", (which I don't think ever happens!), then were heading north toward South Dakota.

Want to thank all the participants of legs 4 and 5, they were reasonably well behaved 🙂 and obeyed every speed limit sign, (hey, it's my story and I am sticking to it!!),  played well with each other, and the great unwashed, a large group of great representatives of the Victory Motorcycle Club, well done guys, it was a great pleasure to be your leg captain for the last few days, you really are a terrific family, i am missing you already.

Cheers, Graham

• Like 3

Congrats to Leg Captain Paul Simpson for completing Leg 6 of the 2018 19th Annual V2V with participants below. Nice Looking place Paul - Thanks for  providing a home for the night. - Gene

Gerald Alkire
Ryan Alkire
Clayton Arendt
Charlie Dischner
Vivian Hardin
Lowell Johnson
Tina Simpson
Brian  Weston 

20180627_210726.jpg

20180627_210826.jpg

20180627_211348.jpg

Edited by gene hunt

Cleta and I made it easily to Alliance in plenty of time to do some much needed laundry (our day 7).  We have had a GREAT time with our Victory Family and have started planning for next year already.  For those of you that may be "on the fence" about riding the V2V it's time to GET OFF the ole butt and make some plans!!!  This is a GREAT event, led by some remarkable Victory Riders that want nothing more than to make your V2V experience a MEMORABLE ONE!!   Even though Cleta has some lung issues she hung in there at 11,742 feet over 1 of the mountain passes in Colorado and even enjoyed herself (once we got off the mountain!)…   

I've got a TON more pics, just can't find them tonight.  Stay tuned...,

I need another BEER...

• Like 1

Leg 7 of the 2018 19th Annual V2V has begun, follow leg Captain Rick(Mac) McDonald and the registered participants on the spot map https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0FBUIXzM3I6oHkDvidxv83aupL7NoWROZ

Picture added at start one of the markers with the Eagle on Top that is still standing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Eagle

2nd picture added Victory Highway Eagle, Toopeka KS. 

Some more pictures added.

R.D. McDonald (LC)
Gerald Alkire
Ryan Alkire
Clayton Arendt
Charlie Dischner
Vivian Hardin
Lowell Johnson
Brian 

Weston

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0142.jpeg.jpg

IMG_0149.jpeg.jpg

IMG_2803.JPG

Edited by gene hunt

On 6/27/2018 at 10:13 AM, gene hunt said:

Thanks, trying to do my part as Chairman and the LCs, others are sending me the pictures to post. I think this event is one of the important events we do, not everyone agrees but that's okay. Glad we have the spot back this year and also the jar of seashore. Put the spot in satellite view and zoom in and you can get a real idea of the area they are riding in. - Gene

A buddy of mine and I will be meeting the group in St. Louis tomorrow afternoon and going to Uniontown, PA. I'll try to get plenty of pics for you.