The Great Lakes Regional Meet 2019

The meet will take place in Marietta Ohio. July 18th 19th and 20th.  2019. The Quality Inn and convention center on rt 7 just east of  interstate highway 77   by the Ohio River . Rooms will be $59.99 plus tax  per room  per night . We have four great  rides per day set up   for you to choose from. There will be three food trucks Thursday and Friday evening plus there is a restaurant on site  and plenty of restaurants near by .  There will be a hog roast on Saturday night.  One food truck will be there in the morning  sell breakfast  or breakfast items . And the restaurant should be open as well. We will also be selling tickets for a chance to win your room for all three nights  for $20 . The money raised will be going to the F O P of Marietta.  There will be two other charities one will be for cancer  relief and one will be helping the veterans in the Marietta area. And silent auctions.  At the moment   we have 70 rooms blocked  at the Quality Inn convention center and 50 rooms across the street at the Best Western .  We are getting our Facebook page together and should have that up soon. And a web page .  If you have questions you can contact Tim Roberts at  troberts54@neo.rr.com . 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hello ladies and gentlemen.  Sorry I haven't been announcing more here about the Great Lakes Regional  Meet being held in Marietta Ohio July  18 19 20 . The Rally in the Valley.  This is a three day event  with rides starting at approximately 10 a m Thursday morning and each morning after . Rides should be done and back by 5 . We have  lunch stops and breaks along the way .   Some of these rides are challenging  with pipes scraping others are more laid back.  This should be the best part of this rally is the roads . We have  four guide rides at the moment.  And two others that will be maped out for the individuals who would want to go to the AMA . And maybe the  Hillbilly hot dog  that would run you near the Mothman . You can look those up on the  internet .  We will have a hog roast on Saturday Evening and a maybe a bike show on Friday evening .  There is a restaurant at the hotel and plan to have food truck there also . There is some great restaurant in the area .  Haven't found much for those that want to camp . There is a small camp ground just east of the hotel  maybe ten minutes away.  We worked to get these rooms at a good rate  so everyone can attend plus for a extra 20$ you could win your room for all three days  with the money going to the f.o.p of Marietta picked by the hotel.  We have Kevin Cross coming in  maybe witchdoctor    John is going to let's us know.  I have some one telling me a few others maybe coming to . More when I find out.  As I mentioned before we have 70 rooms booked at the Quality Inn and convention center. We have about half of those booked now and another 50 at the best Western across the street is available. I know there is another motorcycle event happening this same weekend .  So rooms could get a little scarce if you wait to long to book your rooms .  I think we can get around 200 people to this rally  maybe more  depending on mother nature.  If you have questions or concerns  you can get ahold of me Tim Roberts with the Mid Ohio Victory Riders my email troberts54@neo.rr.com 

Hope to see you all there

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for posting these details Tim.  

Even though I cannot attend (I live in Taiwan!) I still love to read about these events, before, during and after.  For those of you who have all this available maybe it is hard to understand that even just reading and seeing pics of your events really does matter and helps those of us less fortunate to feel part of it all.   It shows the VMC continues to be the wonderful Club it truly is, unique in the whole world, with really dedicated enthusiasts, sharing the love for our great bikes, selflessly spending their time and energy organising such events........really, it is inspiring and encouraging.  

So sincerely - THANKS!  

Looking forward to hearing how it all goes and photos later.

• Like 1