2019 20th Annual V2V, Leg 4, Pickerington, OH(Columbus) to Plainfield, IN (Indianapolis) – Tuesday June 25, 2019

Your Leg Captain for this leg is Wayne Oosterhoff, Jr

The Leg Begins at Comfort Inn, Pickerington, OH, 1800 Hill Road North

The Leg ends at Comfort Inn Plainfield, IN

6107 Cambridge Way, Plainfield, IN 46168

*$94 Rate- Includes daily hot breakfast, internet and parking

*Must make reservations by June 1, 2019

Online:

https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/QO30B7

Hotel Directly:

317.204.3768, ask for the Victory Motorcycle Club group Rate

Edited by gene hunt

Looking forward to leading this leg.  Take a day off work (you deserve it) and spend some time with your fellow Victory Riders from across the country.  Please see hotel booking information above.  Reservations for the hotel must be made by June 1 to secure our rate.  More ride info will be shared soon.  In the meantime if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me direct at:  whondfan@yahoo.com or 248-514-3088.

Edited by whojvicfan
  • Like 1
  • gene hunt unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Welcome to Leg 4 of the 2019, 20th Annual V2V. I'm honored to be your leg captain for this leg. 

We will depart the Hotel at 8AM and follow the Old National Road/Victory Highway to Plainfield, IN. Although we will make some diversions along the way to experience some of central Ohio's roads and places of interest. 

We will depart Pinkerton and head South to avoid Columbus traffic and cross the National Road between Columbus and Springfield.  My plan is to go North and make a stop at the Ohio Caverns (https://ohiocaverns.com).   We can take a self guided tour for $19 a person and takes about an hour.  If the weather is hot, this will be a great stop to cool down.   

If the group decides this is not in everyone's best interest we will skip the caverns and head straight to lunch at the famous Maid-Rite Sandwich Shop (https://www.maidrite-greenville.com) in Greenville, OH

As we continue SW our next point of interest will find us in Knightstown, IN to visit Hickory Gymnasium where the movie Hoosiers was filmed. 

As we head west on the National Road, our next point of interest, time permitting, will have us "Back Home Again in Indiana" at the home of the Greatest Spectacle of Racing, The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum.  If it's closed by the time we get there (5pm) we can always stop and take a few photo's if interested.

From the speedway we will head to dinner at Squealers Award Winning Barbecue, in Mooresville, IN before a quick 13min ride to the Hotel in Plainfield. 

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know by either posting or contacting me direct at (whojndfan@yahoo.com).  I look forward to a great day and let's all keep our fingers crossed for no rain.

- Wayne Jr