2019 20th Annual V2V, Leg 6, Collinsville, IL (St. Louis, MO) to Kansas City, MO – Thurs June 27, 2019

Your Leg Captain for this leg is Lowell Johnson

The legs starts at Comfort Inn, Collinsville, IL, 8 Commerce Dr

The legs ends at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North

1201 Branch Street,
Platte City, MO, US, 64079
(816) 858-5430

Room Rate is $74

Group Name: Victory Moterocycle Club
Group Code: PR51I7
Check In: Thursday, Jun 27, 2019 (3:00 PM)
Check Out: Friday, Jun 28, 2019 (11:00 AM)
Cutoff Date: Monday, May 27, 2019

Booking link Reserve Your Room Now

• Like 1

It will be great to meet you and all of the other riders that will be on Leg 6.

I haven't locked down the chosen route for Leg 6, but will try to make the chosen rode's interesting.

As of now the later part of leg 6 will be on the north side of I-70.

I will post further detailed  information when I make final decision on our route, and location for lunch break.

• Like 1
  • gene hunt unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow VIC riders,

This is what I have in mind for our leg 6 ride.    We will leave the hotel around 8:30 AM and ride into St Louis to the Gateway Arch for a photo and give our out of state guest an opportunity to view the amazing structure.  We will not have time for anybody to tour the inside of the Arch unless it can be accomplished with in 1/2 hour.   Then we will make our way toward Hwy 100 and town of Washington, MO. From Washington we will go west to Herman, MO. and cross the Missouri river and ride west on Hwy 94.  At Jefferson City we will catch Hwy 50.  We will stop for lunch in Centertown, MO.  then on through Sedalia for 25 miles to MO Hwy 13 North crossing the Missouri River again at Lexington, staying on Hwy 13 to Richmond, then catching Hwy 10 to Excelsior Spring and then Hwy 92 for about 30 miles to Platte City, MO. where we stop for the night at Quality Inn & Suites.

This plan is subject to change if there is road closings due to flooding or construction. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have been watching the News and weather every couple of days.   Today the town of Grafton across the river from Collinsville is flooded.

I haven't heard any thing about the roads in and out of Collinsville, so we will address any issues when they arise.

Looking forward to the V2V and meeting more VMC members. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, lgjohnson said:

Hello fellow VIC riders,

This is what I have in mind for our leg 6 ride.    We will leave the hotel around 8:30 AM and ride into St Louis to the Gateway Arch for a photo and give our out of state guest an opportunity to view the amazing structure.  We will not have time for anybody to tour the inside of the Arch unless it can be accomplished with in 1/2 hour.   Then we will make our way toward Hwy 100 and town of Washington, MO. From Washington we will go west to Herman, MO. and cross the Missouri river and ride west on Hwy 94.  At Jefferson City we will catch Hwy 50.  We will stop for lunch in Centertown, MO.  then on through Sedalia for 25 miles to MO Hwy 13 North crossing the Missouri River again at Lexington, staying on Hwy 13 to Richmond, then catching Hwy 10 to Excelsior Spring and then Hwy 92 for about 30 miles to Platte City, MO. where we stop for the night at Quality Inn & Suites.

This plan is subject to change if there is road closings due to flooding or construction. 

Gene, are you guys still meeting at the arch around 8.30 tomorrow? Sorry I couldn't make the route again this time but if I can stay up late enough after work, get off at 6 am, I may meet you down there to say hello from the Gateway chapter.