My Ride Report for GL Regional Event

Here is where I will post pictures, comments for my participation in this event. I leave tomorrow morning at 6AM, members can track my route over to the event, the riding on Saturday, and my trip home here https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0LxRmMst5ZNk1Ep4qvOtUn1s3hlz6G2bn 

For those that cannot attend hope yo get some enjoyment out of this. The XCT is ready, I was going to take the SC in the back of the F150 because of the heat but decided I’ll just leave early and get there before it gets too hot. - Gene

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the bridge over Lost River. The road is Rt. 48 nickname is corridor H as it is eventually supposed to connect I-81 with I-79, it was a pet project of Senetor Byrd. It currently ends in Davis. It is a good alternative to US50 which is not being maintained as well as it shouldBEBA5646-FB2A-4E07-B9B2-9200F6F772DF.jpeg

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 2

Arrived at 1pm, no one around at host hotel so got gas and checked into my hotel down the street. It was a good ride over and temps were fine except for last hour, mostly because of traffic and not moving while pumping gas, unloading. For sure I’ll leave early Sunday to get home

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 1

After lunch we had one bike develop a flat, we plugged it and I had a compressor to fill tire up enugh to get to nearest gas station, we filled it up there, and took off again but the plug did not hold. You can see the back and forth we did on the spot track. Anyway now getting ready for dinner, inside out of the heat.

C79F0352-2BAA-4BCD-9388-FDA30735C081.jpeg

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 3

I’m back in Virginia, here are some final pictures of my ride home, leaving at 6AM was a good plan it got too damn warm coming out of the mountains.

It was a good time got to see some friends and ride with Wayne Oosterhoff Sr and Jr. and once again I had a reason to use my stop & go repair kit on the ride. No reason not to have one on your bike more than worth the $80 you spend. 

I think it is a great location/area, the event was well organized, and all the volunteers were cheerful and helpful, food was good on Saturday night. I did no stay at host hotel but I hear a better hotel might be needed for future events.

- Gene

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

Edited by gene hunt
  • Like 5

I’m back in Virginia some final pictures of my ride home, leaving at 6AM was a good plan it got too damn warm coming out of the mountains. It was a good time got to see some friends and ride with Wayne Oosterhoff Sr and Jr. and once again I had a reason to use my stop & go repair kit on the ride. No reason not to have one on your bike more than worth the $80 you spend. I think it is a great location/area but I hear a better hotel might be needed for future events.

Thanks Gene - great to see these pics and read your comments.  

Gosh, those roads were made for the big Vics.  As I have been contemplating buying a XC I have been offered here, it is thoughts of such roads compared to the roads I usually ride on here which make me hesitate.  Excuse me for putting up an unrelated photo, but just to make my point - this is the lane outside my house!  So, seeing your lovely wide open roads makes me drool!  Thanks Gene - always love your ride/meeting reports.

IMG_1194.jpg

• Like 2

Fabulous time with great people and gorgeous bikes. Roads were fabulous, sunshiny days, locals were lovely and inviting. Can't say enough good things about the local Police and the Mayor. The town was very welcoming and friendly. The Host Hotel, although welcoming, friendly and cheap, left a lot to be desired. From what I heard, there was only one mishap but Jerry is ok with a broken ankle, road rash and a nasty knot on his chin. He stated the locals came running to help and he couldn't have have been in nicer, safer hands. Thanks to the Host chapter for a great, albeit extremely warm, fun, weekend.

IMG_20190720_100913.jpg

• Like 4