Jump to content
cskiwild

20th VMC ANNIVERSARY MEET!

Recommended Posts

The Events Committee is accepting proposals to host the 20 Anniversary Meet of the Victory Motorcycle Club!  This would be a Great opportunity for a group located in the central part of the Country to Host an Historic VMC Event!  Please contact me for more information regarding hosting the 20th VMC ANNIVERSARY MEET,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vegasred03 said:

With new president does that the meet in the middle will be held east of the Mississippi?

Yeah, probably between Mane and Florida!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PLEASE don't pollute the planning for this historic event with the politics that are taking place!  I am sure that things will get straightened out.  Keep in mind - the VMC has weathered many "things" in twenty years - this is just a bump in the road - surviving for 20 years is worthy of straight-forward and eager anticipation, no politics involved.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just asking a ??? If it hurt your feelings I am sorry. But I didn’t know asking the question was polluting anything. But I guess if I’m not in line with your way of thinking I am just polluting something

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one remain hugely excited about this.  We have so much to be proud of, and so much to look forward to.

We are THE Victory Motorcycle Club, the Club which has been there from the start, indeed helped with the development of these wonderful machines.  

Even though I am on the other side of the world, I am proud that we had the 20th running of the V2V, that we have such awesome regional rallies, that we had yet another successful Nats this year, and I am excited to see the historic 20th Anniversary meet discussed now and I can't wait to hear proposals made and plans unfold.  

The VMC - Where the Ride Never Ends.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, vegasred03 said:

With new president does that the meet in the middle will be held east of the Mississippi?

The President does not matter, what always matter is a group, some members, or an LC coming forward with a proposal to host a meet.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gene hunt said:

The President does not matter, what always matter is a group, some members, or an LC coming forward with a proposal to host a meet.

If it could only be that simple!  A group coming forward with a proposal is a simple statement for what has turned into a ridiculous, complex ordeal to endure.  It has been mentioned several times by event committee members, that misunderstandings were the cause of one proposal for a National meet to be withdrawn by the submitting LC.  Recently, the EC Chair would not acknowledge that proposal was submitted.  That acknowledgement has not happened after two requests to correct the statement. 

I hope the 20th anniversary meet can be held in a location that will be able to pay tribute to the first meet, which is known as the Meet in the Middle.  That first meeting was held in a field!  Time has changed many things.  VMC members have come and gone.  Members have evolved in their preferences of bikes, and lodging, and expected vendors, etc.  The one thing that I have enjoyed the most, is the people that I have met and the friendships that have been built.  Most of those friends will never change for me, as some of my fondest memories were not made while being catered in a dining hall with white linen, but around a pizza box and a campfire.  

Until the deciding members of the board realize that their way is not the only way, I doubt it will be possible for an average LC to gain the event committees approval to hold such an event.  That is unfortunate, as I have attended three Victory related events this year that were outstanding and they did not require the events committee involvement.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We cannot keep hashing this out over and over again. And I can't help but think it is playing a part in the current election.

"Until the deciding members of the board realize that their way is not the only way, I doubt it will be possible for an average LC to gain the event committees approval to hold such an event." 

I'm not sure what you mean by "the deciding members of the board" the decision is the Events Committee, not the BOD.

Personally I think for the 20TH we ought to have membership input and maybe a runoff of the top proposals but at the rate we are going we won't have any.

- Gene

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gene hunt said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the deciding members of the board" the decision is the Events Committee, not the BOD.

 

What good is a committee of several, when the decisions are made from few? That's what I mean.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually there is always a vote of all members of the event committee, majority prevails.

I think the real problem, which Chuck and others disagree with, is there needs to be some criteria that everyone understands on all sides. The idea that previous samples/examples provides a roadmap doesn't work for me, Thankfully I'm no longer on the committee. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gene hunt said:

I think the real problem, which Chuck and others disagree with, is there needs to be some criteria that everyone understands on all sides. The idea that previous samples/examples provides a roadmap doesn't work for me, Thankfully I'm no longer on the committee. 

You are correct in the need for criteria.  I also think this lack of required information is another reason many proposals are not submitted.   Also correct in previous samples doesn't work!  I believe your input will be missed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here are an example of what 2 group sent in for VMC NATIONAL PROPOSALS. 
 
 
 
2012 and 2018
 
2012 VMC National Proposal.
  • VMC Officer
  •  74
  • 2,695 posts

Here is the latest Info regarding the 2012 National Meet.  Still no Budget outline.

 04-21-11

 

To The Victory Motorcycle Club Events Committee. 

 

 The Great Plains Victory Riders with the support of other South Central local chapters respectfully submits this proposal to host the 2012 VMC National Rally in Hot Springs AR
 

We would like to submit our proposal to hold the National VMC Rally in the South Central Region for 2012.  The South Central Region has been host to an annual rally (VITO) in Eureka Springs AR for the last 7 years and this event continues to grow.  We have also hosted the MITM BBQ during the V2V for what will be the 3rd year this June. We believe we are ready and look forward to hosting the 2012 National meet.
 
The South Central Regions National Meet will be held in Hot Springs AR.  The proposed date is Labor Day weekend August 30,31, Sept 1,2

 

Hot Springs offers many attractions as well as some of the best riding in the country in our opinions. We believe the location will allow members from all areas to attend. That coupled with a holiday weekend should provide conditions for maximum participation.

 

One of our initial committee members (Rick Fortner) helped to bring the 2005 National to Eureka Springs AR. In addition another member (Doug Gulley) has put together national events for a car club he belongs to.

 

We have a dealer in Hot Springs that has expressed great interest in being a part of this as well.

 

We have been doing some preliminary research into hotels etc. but we need to get approval from this committee to move forward with any definite plans and reservations. It is our belief that with the area this is in and the fact it is a Holiday weekend we need to make this plans now and get a location reserved very soon.

 

We will have a number of activities as well as several planned rides throughout the weekend.

 

Once we have the approval of the committee we will immediately begin to get all of the plans and schedules confirmed 

 

Thank you for your consideration. 
Rick Fortner (mcimoneyman)

Bruce Austin- (rooster)

Doug Gulley (pastor1720)

Tom Keller (tomnkc)
 



Proposal Outline
 
Dates: August 30 to September 2, 2012
 
Host: Great Plains Victory Riders/South Central Region Chapters
 
 
Accommodations:
 
We are currently looking at 2 hotels. Comfort Inn (90 rooms) and Comfort Suites (75 rooms) that are under the same ownership and would have over 150 rooms combined. They are within 10 minutes of each other. We anticipate room costs to run $75-$95 per night. Our final choice of location is subject to change at this point
  
There is an extensive list of accommodations including camping options, which will be provided upon approval of our proposal.
 

 

 This is the Diamond lakes region of Arkansas and has 5 lakes in the surrounding area. Aside from the hotel where the meet will be held there are numerous accommodations available from primitive to 5 star.
 
 
Tentative schedule of events:
 
Thursday August 30 Early arrivals informal cookout. 6-8pm
 
Friday August 31 – 6:30 am to 8:30 am Breakfast 
 
9 am to 5:00 pm Ride(s) from Comfort Inn
 
6:30 pm Dinner and silent Auction. Comfort Inn
 
Saturday Sept 1 - 6:30 am to 8:30 am Breakfast
 
9:00 am to 5:00 pm Ride(s) from Comfort Inn
 
6:00 pm to 11:00 pm Dinner and entertainment at Comfort Inn
 
 
Sunday Sept 2 Depart for home
 
 

 

 

 

Additional activities/attractions:
 
5 lakes in the area

Mountain Tower Park

Thermal Springs

Historic bath House row

Magic Springs theme park

Garvan Woodland Gardens

Shopping district in the Downtown area

Numerous Art galleries

These are just a few of the attractions in the area. The Hot Springs area has a rich history with much to see and do.


  

Rides 
Final number of rides and routes TBD. There are numerous options for rides in this area a few are listed here.

 

Petit Jean Mountain ride-147 miles

Queen Wilhelmina State park-190 miles

Mount Magazine- 207 miles

The Diamond ride-152 miles

The ride in any direction from Hot Springs ride follow your nose and come back when you’re tired ride (My personal favorite). Just kidding a little here, but the truth is, in this area you can find a great ride whatever direction you go!!!!


  

Budget:

 

We are a ways from determining our final costs and budget. We anticipate a request for funding from the VMC in an amount between $6000 and $8000

  • VMC Officer
  •  74
  • 2,695 posts

Just received from Tom Keller for 2012 VMC National Meet.

 

2012 VMC National  Proposed budget

 

 

 

Hot Springs Arkansas

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday cookout

200

7.5

1500

Friday Dinner

200

20

4000

Saturday  Dinner

200

20

4000

T-shirts

200

15

3000

VMC Koozies

200

2

400

Ride Pins

200

3

600

Bike Rodeo/trophies misc.

250

1

250

Saturday entertainment Band or Djay

750

1

750

Chase vehicle(s) fuel

200

1

200

Printing

300

1

300

Postage

150

1

150

Misc expenses

1000

1

1000

 

 

 

0

Total expenses

 

 

16150

Registration Fees

200

45

-9000

 

 

 

 

Total budget request

 

 

7150

 
 
2018 VMC Grayling Michigan PROPOSAL.
 
 
 
Sent from my iPad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the insult to flyover members good luck finding them willing to work that hard on a meet. Recent events have 2 of the largest and most active clubs in the middle upset, I wonder if they will even stay in club.

I was one of the main two people that put on the Midwest Victory Rally, I did the hands on stuff while Kent did the computer stuff. You know he's out, and I have no desire to work that hard at making an event happen again.

There are other clubs sure but not sure where they stand now either, kinda scary.

I'm with Viv's thinking on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thaine said:

After the insult to flyover members good luck finding them willing to work that hard on a meet. Recent events have 2 of the largest and most active clubs in the middle upset, I wonder if they will even stay in club.

I was one of the main two people that put on the Midwest Victory Rally, I did the hands on stuff while Kent did the computer stuff. You know he's out, and I have no desire to work that hard at making an event happen again.

There are other clubs sure but not sure where they stand now either, kinda scary.

I'm with Viv's thinking on this.

Wow!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry to see some of the posting regarding this Event.  I only hope that a group or someone one steps up to host this historic Event.

 

 

Edited by cskiwild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, cskiwild said:

I am sorry to see some of the posting regarding this Event.  I only hope that a group or someone one steps up to host this historic Event.

 

 

Chuck you and I have worked together on several small events with ease. But your refusal to acknowledge that the GPVR even submitted a proposal for the 2019 National (the only region that submitted a proposal on time by the way) has really ruffled some feathers here. Not to mention the fact the events committee ripped it to shreds insulting several members including myself. You submitted my proposal for the 2012 National as an example apparently that was acceptable then but our 2019 which contained similar details was garbage. I believe the 20 anniversary meet should be in the Midwest somewhere but getting support for that at this time may be difficult.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chuck since they want to attack the entire club with this narrative I think it is time that the club knows the truth. The picture they are painting is lop sided and does not tell the whole story. Why are you and/or other members of the events committee silent? Time to speak up. I'll even provide you with the one sentence email when I reached out to them to help and in return got attacked. Gene

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're take is lopsided Gene. Nobody is attacking the entire club. We were just very disappointed and insulted with the way our proposal was received and treated by the Events Committee. Go ahead and post whatever e-mail you have it;s all water under the bridge now. My main bitch at this point is/was the events committee's refusal to even acknowledge the fact our proposal was submitted and submitted on time unlike the Chapter that was awarded the meet. Their bias towards that Chapter was evident. The  narrative that there were no other proposals for 2019 is simply not the truth and I am baffled why it continues.

 

15 hours ago, cskiwild said:

I am sorry to see some of the posting regarding this Event.  I only hope that a group or someone one steps up to host this historic Event.

 

 

Chuck you and I have worked together on several small events with ease. But your refusal to acknowledge that the GPVR even submitted a proposal for the 2019 National (the only region that submitted a proposal on time by the way) has really ruffled some feathers here. Not to mention the fact the events committee ripped it to shreds insulting several members including myself. You submitted my proposal for the 2012 National as an example apparently that was acceptable then but our 2019 which contained similar details was garbage. I believe the 20 anniversary meet should be in the Midwest somewhere but getting support for that at this time may be difficult.

 

Edited by tomnkc
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, gene hunt said:

Actually there is always a vote of all members of the event committee, majority prevails.

I think the real problem, which Chuck and others disagree with, is there needs to be some criteria that everyone understands on all sides. The idea that previous samples/examples provides a roadmap doesn't work for me, Thankfully I'm no longer on the committee. 

I certainly agree with this Gene.  As well, I would like to know exactly who is on the Events Committee.  I have tried for two years now to get that information and have not been given it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

These are the present remaining voting members.

wmschmidt1972

2_shoes

ggnutsc

Hbpete National Meet Chairperson 2019 until 12/31/2019 he will be replaced by the 2020 National Meet Chairman 

 

I am the Chairman of the Events Committee and do not Vote unless there is a tie vote on the committee.  Also there is a standing Policy that if an event is held in the region you are in you cannot vote on and proposal from your region.  If there is a  tie vote and that event is in the Events Committee Chairmans region they can’t vote and it goes to the BOD to be  decided.

I have posted anytime there is a vacancy on the committee to get new members.  It has been posted in the Clubhouse so any VMC member can step forward.  

I will be waiting until the current election is over to post a request for members to join the Event Committee.  The guidelines limits the number of members to 8.

The Vice President (Because that person over see the Events Committee) and the Treasurer (Because that person over see the VMC Budget) are members as well.

You can find more information in the Events Committee Policy and Procedures.

 

This information has never been a secret. The BOD has access to the Events Committee Forum and can see the members posts. If you are a Board member you can comment of the EC as well.  Board members are the Regional Reps. and elected members.

 

Edited 8 minutes ago by cskiwild

Edited by cskiwild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is What was sent to the Events Committee after one of the Events Committee reached out to offer support with their proposal!  Rick spoke to "other planners".  There were 3 other planners.  that agreed to have Rick to send this email.  This was the reply.

 

 

I reached out to The 2 POCs and suggested they get some help from Tim, Vohn, Nick.

I got an email tonight :

"I have spoke to the other planners, we withdraw our bid to host the 2019 Meet.  Thanks your time to consider our proposal.  Good luck!
 
Rick"
 
This was received October 4, 2018
 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Chuck, so when it came time to decide on the event there was only one proposal to consider and no vote was needed. - Gene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...