Fellow Victory Riders

It is time to start preparations for V2V 2021!  The VMC board of directors agreed to explore interest in the event this year. As you know, the 2020 V2V was canceled due to the pandemic. This historic event will require many volunteers, planning, and organization, especially with COVID-19 concerns and limitations.  I am honored to be one of the coordinators this year.  Tony Schleisman, aka rufun2sun, from Ottumwa, IA has also volunteered. 

If there are enough volunteer leg captains, then we will proceed with planning this event. Leg captains are responsible for planning the route, choosing a hotel, as well as selecting gas and lunch/dinner stops. We understand that restaurants may have restrictions in place due to the pandemic, so this part of the planning will require a considerable amount of attention.  It might also be beneficial for there to be alternate stop locations.

The start and end destinations of each leg are up to the Leg Captains.  The chart below suggests major cities close to the original Route 40.  They are also more recognizable to folks not familiar to the specific area.  Whether the destination is Castle Rock or Fort Morgan instead of Denver, it is up to the Leg Captain. 

Leg #

Date

Start Point

End Point

6/22/2021

San Francisco

Reno

6/23/2021

Reno

Ely, NV

6/24/2021

Ely, NV

Salt Lake, UT

6/25/2021

Salt Lake, UT

Craig, CO

6/26/2021

Craig, CO

Fort Morgan, CO

6/27/2021

Fort Morgan, CO

Wilson, KS

6/28/2021

Wilson, KS

Kansas City, MO

6/29/2021

Kansas City, MO

St. Louis, MO

6/30/2021

St. Louis, MO

Indianapolis, IN

7/1/2021

Indianapolis, IN

Columbus, OH

7/2/2021

Columbus, OH

Uniontown, PA

7/3/2021

Uniontown, PA

Frederick, MD

7/4/2021

Frederick, MD

Staten Island, NY

Securing leg captains is the first step in planning this event. We are reaching out to former leg captains, regional reps, and others who have expressed interest in volunteering to help plan.  Feel free to pass this request on to others that may be willing to volunteer. 

Please let me know your thoughts and if you are willing to accept a leg or several.

Vivian Hardin

Aka, Pushstart     

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even though I can’t join you, I am genuinely delighted.  Well done and thanks to all who have stood up to make this happen.  It is an integral part of our history and something no other FB based group or club can boast.  
I am also delighted to tell you that the Europeans are also pushing ahead with the very first V2E, which will run through parts of France, through Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland and northern Italy. 

• Like 4
21 hours ago, rbugman said:

Maybe the Baton can make a world tour! Have as many chapters take pictures with the baton.

Our European brothers and sisters are planning their very first "tour" this year!  They've dubbed it V2E (Victory to Europe) and the planned start date is when ours ends - thus "keeping it going".  Mark Vickers can give you more information on it.  And they are having a second baton crafted I believe!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

LEG 1 

Stay at the Rodeway 1234 Great Highway San Francisco, Ca. 833-456-0832 within walking distance of the beach and ride start point....$129+taxes king, $139+taxes 2 queen    reservations held under my name (Brent Fletcher) , let me know when you book so i can adjust for demand.

Edited by Brent
  • Like 1

Leg #13

Comfort Suites, 555 Old Bridge Turnpike, East Brunswick, NJ 08816  732-967-1505

Use the Choicehotels.com * 800-258-2847 and the Choice Hotels Savings Card for The VMC Club ID#00803265.

For those that will require a room, book soon!

This is the same location from the 2019 V2V

ALSO: Leg 13 has toll roads, it is recommended that an electronic transponder (EZpass) be used and  be compatible with NJ and NY. Added costs will be incurred if a license plate search is used.

Edited by rbugman
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Viv,

Congrats on being the driving force for the 2021 V2V, as I am challenged in most things, with maybe the exception of consuming  of adult beverages, is there a "sign up/ registration" for this years event?

Hey Graham,

YES, There will be a sign up link posted on its own thread soon.  I apologize that it is taking so long to get it set up.  However, please be aware, the leg information and hotels are posted.  So, people can make their plans for the legs they choose and reserve their rooms.  

Hope to see you and many, many more riders on the Victory Highway Relay 2021.