2021 21st Annual V2V, Leg 13, Frederick, MD to East Brunswick, NJ (Staten Island, NY) – Sunday, July 4, 2021

Rick Burgess (rbugman) will be the Leg 13 Captain.

This leg will start at Country Inn and Suites

5579 Spectrum Dr

Frederick, MD  21703

The hotel for the end of this leg is Comfort Suites

555 Old Bridge Turnpike

East Brunswick, NJ  08816

732-967-1505

Book this location early, as they may be full, due to the July 4th celebration.  A discount maybe allowed by calling 1-800-258-2847 and using the Choice Hotel Savings card with VMC ID #00803265.

Arrival:  July 4,  2021

Edited by Pushstart

Leg 13 has toll roads, it is recommended that an electronic transponder (EZpass) be used and be compatible with NJ and NY. Added costs will be incurred if a license plate search is used.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering Rick - (and hopefully!)  Have you had success  in getting participants for this leg?  It's always a challenge so I hope you've been successful!  As former participants that are now sidelined, both Arnold and I will be riding with you "in absentia".    Keep the rubber on the road!

Thanks Candi, I'm not sure who is going on leg #13.

Because of the parade and closure of part of the island, the plan was to get there ASAP. No messing around, snap the pics and hopefully don't get trapped in the traffic. As I understand, the main hwy exits will close @ 11:30 AM. (like Victory Blvd, which is on the parade route)

https://travisparade.org/

Then I'm heading home because the Independence day party is at my house.

Have to make a gas stop on I 95, Lobo, where are you looking to hook up? route 70 to 695 to 95 to 440 to Wolfe's Pond Park .

• Like 1

Well I'm right off I95 at the top side of 695.  I didn't realize you were taking the interstate.  How far up I95 are you planning your fuel stop?  Get it before you get into NJ.  Just did a road trip to LI, and fuel in NJ was high.  Also, do not use exit 80.  The fuel prices there are too high.  There is construction starting north of exit 67 till you pass exit 77, and a speed camera sometimes.  I would suggest exit at 67, fuel up and take Rt. 40 east till you cross the Susquehanna river, then take 222 north and get back on I95.  just my 2 cents worth as a local.  

Thank you very much. I am not familiar with this area at all. Exit 67 to rte 43, fuel and detour to rte 40 then 222  back to 95 to get around construction. I'll check it out on the way down on the 3rd. Coming in from Hartford, CT. I was going to play gas stops by ear, my butt will tell me when to take a break for a walk.

Going to join up at the fuel stop? 70 - 695- 95 - 295- NJ Turnpike/95 to 440

Edited by rbugman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rbugman said:

Thank you very much. I am not familiar with this area at all. Exit 67 to rte 43, fuel and detour to rte 40 then 222  back to 95 to get around construction. I'll check it out on the way down on the 3rd. Coming in from Hartford, CT. I was going to play gas stops by ear, my butt will tell me when to take a break for a walk.

Going to join up at the fuel stop? 70 - 695- 95 - 295- NJ Turnpike/95 to 440

I will do my best.  Can you give me a ballpark time for pullout from Frederick?

48 minutes ago, rbugman said:

I've been testing the phone camera voice activated, "smile" snaps a pic but after 5 min, the app turns off. Any suggestions?

is that an iPhone or android?

yeah, Galaxy S7, old phone but it's what I have. Issue,  the camera turns OFF after idle of 2-3 minutes. I want to place the phone in the cup holder and take shots as we fly down the road. When the camera is active, "smile" works just fine.

I'm not going to distract driving to press the camera button when I'm moving. Well maybe...If I drop the bike down to two wheels. I will see about voice activation. Samsung s voice app is gone.

• Like 1