ELECTION NOMINATIONS ARE NEEDED. SEND YOURS TO secretary@thevmc.com ×

Are we missing an opportunity to promote the club?

Although this is a good idea - we do not have the ability to post in all Facebook pages - we are not a "company" that has designated personnel to do these things - we can only hope that VMC members who are on these pages take the opportunity to promote their Club on these pages.

This is a good idea.  The good news is we are working on this.  I do not have a lot of details to share at the moment, but updating content across all social media platforms is something we need to work on.

For the short term, we should get whomever is posting photos here, to also post on our facebook page, that would be great.  or get with @Reverend Beavis (I think he admins the FB page?).  But any member can post the pictures.

Currently it takes us, the members, to post about the club on social media.  An area that needs some streamlining and improvement through no individual fault.  As I said we are working on this.  The short answer is yes it is an opportunity.

Thanks for bringing this into the spotlight.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, rbugman said:

Shouldn't all photo's go to the historian or coordinated thru the V2V chair?

Thanks - I am picking the photos up from here.  For some reason I can't open the videos.  

I do think we should have been hitting the motorcycle press and radio stations with announcements - I had suggested it some months ago (in fact I have been nagging about this since last Fall) I drafted a press release in an attempt to ease workload for others, so maybe it was done and I am not aware.  Too late now for the V2V, except for LCs/Regions trying to get something in their local press in the last few days - again, maybe this is already happening.  Not too late for radio stations though.  And not too late for our Anni year in general (almost, but ....). Knowing how far in advance the mainstream magazines work it almost certainly is for them, although they might squeeze a mention in their general news pages.  We should be broadcasting to the world that it is our 20th, about the V2V, the Nats, regional and local events, including overseas - V2E across Europe, the Scotland and New Zealand events, e.g., events all over the world to commemorate our official 20th year.  I believe the Marketing Committee will be reporting at the Board meeting in July, so perhaps we will hear what has been achieved then.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, Llama said:

Thanks - I am picking the photos up from here.  For some reason I can't open the videos.  

I do think we should have been hitting the motorcycle press and radio stations with announcements - I had suggested it some months ago (in fact I have been nagging about this since last Fall) I drafted a press release in an attempt to ease workload for others, so maybe it was done and I am not aware.  Too late now for the V2V, except for LCs/Regions trying to get something in their local press in the last few days - again, maybe this is already happening.  Not too late for radio stations though.  And not too late for our Anni year in general (almost, but ....). Knowing how far in advance the mainstream magazines work it almost certainly is for them, although they might squeeze a mention in their general news pages.  We should be broadcasting to the world that it is our 20th, about the V2V, the Nats, regional and local events, including overseas - V2E across Europe, the Scotland and New Zealand events, e.g., events all over the world to commemorate our official 20th year.  I believe the Marketing Committee will be reporting at the Board meeting in July, so perhaps we will hear what has been achieved then.

Don't know about Taiwan, but to do radio in the USA would take 1000x of the Clubs whole years budget. And I don't know what radio stations you would put it on.

46 minutes ago, Drnoleak said:

Don't know about Taiwan, but to do radio in the USA would take 1000x of the Clubs whole years budget. And I don't know what radio stations you would put it on.

Why did you think I was talking about Taiwan?  I am friends with hosts of two US Online biker radio stations and have written several articles for one of them before. The other offered a live interview spot last year but it wasn’t my place to accept.   Zero budget effect.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Llama said:

Why did you think I was talking about Taiwan?  I am friends with hosts of two US Online biker radio stations and have written several articles for one of them before. The other offered a live interview spot last year but it wasn’t my place to accept.   Zero budget effect.

Mark, Care to share a link to these online biker radio stations? I have been riding for over 30 years and never heard of such a thing. I polled my riding friends here in So. California and not one had ever heard of one. I would like to check it out.

Spending 5 minutes a day promoting the VMC to the 27,000+ members of the Victory Motorcycle Owners Group would be priceless and free. Then you have the other pages for the various models.

The owner of the page is a former president of this club. We have talked many times and there is no problem with promoting the club in that group. 

This club either evolves or slowly dies. It's that simple. I just don't understand the stance of some closed minded members.

I am not sure I understand the closed minded comment.

It seems that you think someone is purposefully, or making a decision to not, promote the club.  This is just not the case, unless I am missing something.  Whose responsibility is it to promote the club?

If you say "the board", then who specifically on the board has the responsibility of promoting the club?  Really the answer is "all of us members", at least historically, as far as I can tell.

We do have a marketing committee vacancy that has been vacant my entire time I have been a part of this club.

You are right about one thing.  We do need to change and evolve, or slowly die.  I wish it was as easy as a snap of fingers to make changes.  We are working on things.  Sometimes not fast enough and it is frustrating.  I hope these changes come soon.

Based on comments here and elsewhere, folks like me will need to step up and take control, rather than wait for other members to get involve, even thought I don't have the time to commit.  Because I want to see this club thrive.  I see a whole lot of accusations, but not a lot of volunteering.

It is strange to me, that you create this topic, which starts with making a very valid observation, but ends with accusations (towards Llama, the tone there is there are not any online biker stations because you and your friends have not heard of any) and the slant towards close-minded members.

Please see @Reverend Beavis for the information you private messaged me for.  I am convinced you will only use the information to further try to divide this club, and I will not be a part of that.  Please send your request to him.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Drnoleak said:

Mark, Care to share a link to these online biker radio stations? I have been riding for over 30 years and never heard of such a thing. I polled my riding friends here in So. California and not one had ever heard of one. I would like to check it out.

Spending 5 minutes a day promoting the VMC to the 27,000+ members of the Victory Motorcycle Owners Group would be priceless and free. Then you have the other pages for the various models.

The owner of the page is a former president of this club. We have talked many times and there is no problem with promoting the club in that group. 

This club either evolves or slowly dies. It's that simple. I just don't understand the stance of some closed minded members.

Too busy to write a long list of biker radio stations…I presumed you would know better than me.  Here are just a few off the top of my head, so apologies if I get any names wrong…I am surprised you didn’t know there was even one! 

Biker Radio

Biker Classic Rock

Biker Hart

Harley Liberty

Then there are news video stations such as:

Bikers Inner Circle

Black Dragon Biker TV

Insane Throttle

And there are some others in Europe such as Biker F M in UK….

and the list goes on!

Anyhow, there are more but I am too busy these days.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Llama said:

Too busy to write a long list of biker radio stations…I presumed you would know better than me.  Here are just a few off the top of my head, so apologies if I get any names wrong…I am surprised you didn’t know there was even one! 

Biker Radio

Biker Classic Rock

Biker Hart

Harley Liberty

Then there are news video stations such as:

Bikers Inner Circle

Black Dragon Biker TV

Insane Throttle

And there are some others in Europe such as Biker F M in UK….

and the list goes on!

Anyhow, there are more but I am too busy these days.

Thanks for the list. I will check them out. Like I said, never heard of biker radio. 

3 hours ago, grantchristiansen said:

I am not sure I understand the closed minded comment.

It seems that you think someone is purposefully, or making a decision to not, promote the club.  This is just not the case, unless I am missing something.  Whose responsibility is it to promote the club?

If you say "the board", then who specifically on the board has the responsibility of promoting the club?  Really the answer is "all of us members", at least historically, as far as I can tell.

We do have a marketing committee vacancy that has been vacant my entire time I have been a part of this club.

You are right about one thing.  We do need to change and evolve, or slowly die.  I wish it was as easy as a snap of fingers to make changes.  We are working on things.  Sometimes not fast enough and it is frustrating.  I hope these changes come soon.

Based on comments here and elsewhere, folks like me will need to step up and take control, rather than wait for other members to get involve, even thought I don't have the time to commit.  Because I want to see this club thrive.  I see a whole lot of accusations, but not a lot of volunteering.

It is strange to me, that you create this topic, which starts with making a very valid observation, but ends with accusations (towards Llama, the tone there is there are not any online biker stations because you and your friends have not heard of any) and the slant towards close-minded members.

Please see @Reverend Beavis for the information you private messaged me for.  I am convinced you will only use the information to further try to divide this club, and I will not be a part of that.  Please send your request to him.

Marks original comment about radio stations did not say they were "online biker radio stations." I made an assumption that he was talking about conventional over the airwaves radio stations like 99.9% of people listen to, here in the USA. 

I clicked on 1 link, Biker Heart Radio and it is a poor quality radio station based in South Africa.

Harley Liberty is a site devoted to the 2% Like the HA, Mongols, Pagans, Bandidos, etc.

Are these the places we want to market too? 

As far as trying to divide the club, that is crazy talk.

1 hour ago, Drnoleak said:

Marks original comment about radio stations did not say they were "online biker radio stations." I made an assumption that he was talking about conventional over the airwaves radio stations like 99.9% of people listen to, here in the USA. 

I clicked on 1 link, Biker Heart Radio and it is a poor quality radio station based in South Africa.

Harley Liberty is a site devoted to the 2% Like the HA, Mongols, Pagans, Bandidos, etc.

Are these the places we want to market too? 

As far as trying to divide the club, that is crazy talk.

How amazing that 99.9% listen to over the airwaves radio stations....that 0.1% seems to still give some of these radio stations thousands of listeners.  And you clearly haven't checked out the full list or REALLY checked out what they are all about.....but then you always know best!  So maybe you can explain what have you done positively to promote the club, even in your local area?  Then the rest of us who are TRYING can learn from your boundless experience and energy.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2021 at 7:56 PM, Llama said:

How amazing that 99.9% listen to over the airwaves radio stations....that 0.1% seems to still give some of these radio stations thousands of listeners.  And you clearly haven't checked out the full list or REALLY checked out what they are all about.....but then you always know best!  So maybe you can explain what have you done positively to promote the club, even in your local area?  Then the rest of us who are TRYING can learn from your boundless experience and energy.

I don't want to get in a pissing contest, but you are right. I don't know what they are about and don't care. You see Mark, unlike you, I live in a big country where on a daily basis, I can get face to face with 100's of Victory riders here in in my little corner of Southern California. 

I am not stranded on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean where I have no fellow Vic riders to get together with face to face. I don't have the need to live my motorcycle life vicariously through this club. 

As far as what I have done, I founded the Greater Los Angeles chapter. Actually been to numerous national and regional events. Helped out with the SW region annual meet. Coordinated with Victory Corporate in getting support for that event. Was part of the P&P committee several years ago. 

Trust me, I do appreciate your enthusiasm for the club. If not for you, there would be very little going on in the forums.  What you have done for the Chapters outside of the States is incredible. 

And yea, I call them as I see them. And no, I don't know best. But I do believe I have a better feel for the pulse of the Victory motorcycle community than you.  I read some of your posts about how this club is amazing and fantastic. I hear a Career military officer trying to rally the troops when things a going against them. 

Edited by Drnoleak
  • Haha 1

As for you that think I don't have the best interest of the club or are trying to destroy it you are wrong.

I read this site pretty much everyday and the VMC Facebook page too. When I see people ask a technical question or looking for parts, or what ever it may be and they get no answer from either page, I am going to do them a solid and tell them where else to look.

Could be one of the many "Fantastic" Victory related Facebook pages. Could be the VOG. Could be one of the Vic parts supplier. Could be another source.

That is being an honest member of the club does for its members. Point them towards answers to their question, no matter the source.

Not let them twist in the wind. 

I think there's someone here who hasn't figured out how an MC works, I think an MC isn't "various" fun FACEBOOK Riders group. Usually when you choose to be part of something it's because you want it and because you know what you're talking about!

Of course we are in the era of where everything is made of" likes "and technology It would all be "easier" because everyone or almost everyone uses Facebook,  but this does not mean losing or worse forgetting the origins, traditions, no matter if one day we will be less than we are today, " better few but good ". 

At least we will know that those few are pure and believe in what they do and have chosen. I think This is the right place to interact. After all what changes, 2 hours on FB or 2 hours on the forum? 

That said.... 

Enjoy your Vic Ride and be a part of this CLUB! 

• Like 4