Christchurch City Mission Xmas Appeal and Toy Run

Pure Freedom Victory Riders New Zealand is involved with this great event. This is a charity to help the Mission put food on the table for those people that find it difficult to put on at this time of the year and for kids who may miss out on toys. 

Last year I went on the ride in support paid my $20 NZ and got my event badge and put in 2 toys 1 for a girl other for a boy. 

This year I asked the members if they would like to support and my Canterbury Riders all said yes. I approached the Mission and asked if we could help out they said that they would be happy for us too but to catch up with the organizers witch I did after a good talk on the phone then a meeting they were happy for us to help out then 1 of the organizers said to me look would you and your group like to be in on this next year as one of the two organizers was moving away I said I would be happy to but would have to ask the group.  Happy to say that they all stepped up to the plate and said yes so a our next club meeting it will be put in the minutes to make it official 😀  So proud to be a part of this charity event and the group 😀

Thanks Kram (President)😎

20211002_143026.jpg

• Like 7

What a wonderful way to help out our fellow residents on this planet we call home!  My own chapter - Long River Riders - annually takes part in a "toy run" that has served as our final group ride every year before winter sets in ride.  It is always a thrill and a joy to my heart to see so many people doing so much good.  Kudos to you and yours!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Two weeks to go  have been very busy getting sponsors for the spot prizes couldn't believe how many people and companies stepped up to help with this really good response 👏 all up about $2.000 this couldn't happen without their support 👏 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was the conclusion of 2 months of work putting together the 3rd Christchurch City Mission Xmas Appeal And Toy Run. The day started out with a light drizzle to put a damper on the day. Registration and the start point was Foodstuffs Main North Rd as the morning moved on the rain went away to leave us with a muggy day very warm with the leathers on. Start time was at 9.30 but the group gathered up the road at 9.00 so we could ride in as a group. We parked up the bikes on site and went to register then we went around and said hi to those that were there and I went over to chat to the other organizers and set our final arrangements. At 11.00 we got all the rider's over by the register area for our safety rules and asked one of the motorcycle officers to speak on behalf as well we had managed to get about 130 rider's we were hoping for 300 but the weather was out of our control with the safety aspects over it was stands up for our ride around the suburbs to our final destination at the Woolston Working Men's Club. Was nice to see some people on the sidewalk with there kids giving us a wave. When we got to the WWMC and park up we all gathered together at the City Mission's van and placed the toys and food in it. Then we had the City Mission Vicar give a talk about how they would manage the Xmas appeal this year as of Covid19 they decided to make up food boxes instead of a massive feed past out with the parents getting a voucher for a kids toy to pick up as well. Then it was time for the main sponsor to have a say if it wasn't for Mike Pero Real Estate our job would have been a lot harder with Mike Pero starting to pass out the spot prizes witch we done by a number call as when registering you got one. Then it was my turn reluctantly to say thank you to the sponsors that the club got together ( a couple of our club sponsors put up prizes for helmets $200 apiece) and prizes for best dressed bike. Then it was into the club for a beer and a snack. 

Money raised in the first instance $1.500.

Money raised from the ride $ 1.200.

Money raised by charity tins soforth $450.

There was over 200 toys for the kids. 

The sponsorship prizes came to about $ 1.000 witch without those people and businesses would not make this event as good as it could be.

There was a professional photographer there and when I get those photos I will put up but for now I will put up some I took. 

Next year our team here in Canterbury will be a bit more involved in saying that we did a lot to make this event happen it is the 3rd year that this has been going and next year hopefully mother nature will play the game a bit more. To say the least this was very satisfying even if there was a lot of work putting it on we have been over a month just putting out all the flyers and getting sponsorship and then before that was the work I myself put in getting in touch with the right people and getting approval so I say thank you to the team and the people who helped put this together. 

Come on next year. 

Thanks Kram. President of Pure Freedom Victory Riders New Zealand.

20211128_102148.jpg

20211128_102204.jpg

20211128_102312.jpg

20211128_115341.jpg

20211128_115349.jpg

20211128_121223.jpg

20211128_115420.jpg

20211128_102329.jpg

• Like 2

Well done Kram!  For years, when we lived "up north" our home chapter took part in a long-standing bike run tradition called "Brightside's Toy for Joy".  It has been going on for close to 30 years now and is a real part of the community, with hundreds standing along the route to wave and cheer the riders on.  I am sure that yours is going to grow too as there is always a need for help for those less fortunate and - let's face it - bikers are always looking for a "reason to ride"!  Merry Christmas!

• Like 3