2022 22nd Annual V2V Leg 10, Craig, CO to Springville, Utah (Salt Lake) Friday, July 1

Good Mornin' 

I am your Leg Captain for the Craig to Springville Utah leg of this years V2V, this year we are very fortunate, this year, we are riding some of the most "scenic", days of the V2V, and we are on an "end of the week" schedule, so if you live "out East",  take a couple of days "off", and even only go as far as Springville UT, you have the whole weekend to ride home, you can take US Highway 40 (the Victory Highway) the whole way home if you wish. If you live "out West", you can ride East for a couple of days,(Fort Morgan Colorado, is right on US 36/ Interstate 76 just south of I-80 and Just north of I-70), and ride back with the V2V group over the weekend back toward your casa, and meet some of your VMC family, get a T shirt, and ride with some of the greatest people you would ever want to meet on a motorsiykle. (of which you would be one!).

You can now sign up for the 2022 V2V, it's active, it will take your money. and you need to sign up for the leg you want to ride!,,, WHY???, because there is a lot of planning that needs to happen based on who signs up for each leg, like YOU need to get your hotel booked for each nights stop, NOW, Sooner rather than later, masks are "off" and people are traveling!

The Leg Captain for the day of your ride, needs to have an idea of who is going to be riding that day, and if you're not signed up, and "things" happen, and they,,, change the leave point, change the route, etc., YOU won't be aware of any of it.

Lunch stops need to be co ordinated with the restaurants, with the current way the world works!, gas stops for 30 bikes are a whole different animal than a gas stop for 3 bikes, the ride time for the day can change dramatically based on the number of people attending, so get your hotel booked, most rooms can be canceled IF you're plans change, event T shirts have to be ordered, and manufactured, these things all take time, don't happen spontaneously, do YOUR part, get signed up, and get ready to "enjoy the ride!".

• Like 3

Good morning everyone,

Today is the 20th of April,,,,sooooo, you have 10 days to get registered for the V2V and get in line to get your participant shirt, they are super cool this year, If you were to get something like this at your local Hardley Riddenson store it would be upwards of $50,,, and you wouldn't get to participate in a very kewel club event that runs from coast to coast, every year.

just a little fun fact I want to make people aware of on the Craig Colorado to Springville Utah leg, taking place on July 1st this year, this is a l o n g days ride, going to be about 3 tanks of gas, (2 to 3 gas stops, depending on your application of right wrist!), IF you are joining us from lower elevation cities, you may want to get hydrated, drink lots of water beginning at least 48 hours ahead of the ride, we are mostly riding at about 6,500 ft above sea level, but,, we have a few sections that are up around 9,500ft, and super twisty, if you are oxygen challenged, (and at this point in our lives, most of us are!), or simply don't want to ride that many hours, (I hope you do, it's spectacular country/ riding) don't fret!!, there will be a few options for you to take a different route, you will still get to the hotel, and won't get much above 7,000' ASL.

I know as we grow grayer, the onboard pressure relief system we have becomes weaker, and requires more service stops, and adding all that extra liquid just makes it that much more of an issue, but altitude sickness is not pleasant either!.

Get signed up, get your hotel room reserved, get excited, it's a very fun event.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2022 at 7:47 PM, tyrant said:

Is the lovely Mrs joining the ride too?  Miss you guys!  

I don't think so. I am going to Wilson I hope. Be gone to long and she will just be getting back from an out of town wedding.

So It must be May in Colorado, It's snowing and 35 degrees!!!, oh boy only 7 weeks to V2V!!!   :-{0)

It's May 2nd, You have missed the deadline to get signed up for your V2V event shirt, HOWEVER, I still want you to come ride the V2V with the rest of the non shirt challenged participants, it's OK to be an otherly shirted participant, as the saying goes, when shirts are outlawed,,, only outlaws will have shirts.

You can still get your hotel booked, you can still ride with the group, you can still have a cold adult beverage with your BFF's. Make plans, IF you didn't get signed in, let the leg captain know that you intend to ride on his/her day, I know it makes no sense, we have some 'splainin' to do, and really need to know how many are going to be ridding on a particular day.

Even IF you are a last minute participant (LMP!), let your leg captain know as soon as you do, please,,,and thankyou.

• Like 3

OK!!!, Aantnee is on this leg,,,, it's official,,, NOW the party is ON!!

he has been practicing his German, ein he vil be vearin' der lederhosen!!

ein dancin' for sure ya!, (you just can't miss that!!!,,,,,or unsee it!!!).

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...