Sign in to follow this  
usmcmustang

Recommended Reading

If this isn't deja vu all over again, I don't know what is.  All of the reading in this discussion forum is quite enlightening.  If you want to get the "short version," just read through the "Stopping the Bylaws vote" thread.  It seems the board either intentionally or just passively let this whole issue of bylaw revision, compliance with Delaware law, club meetings, quorum, voting, etc. DIE without any positive action.  I admit to being a "newbee" board member when all this went down and didn't feel it was my sole job to poke and prod others into action and in truth, I'm not sure I would have been "equipped" at that point in time to have made a real difference.  Things ARE different today ;-)

Well.....Now that I have been "enlightened" I am glad to see that we have decided to put the "horse" in front this time and consult a Delaware lawyer....

Funny how things tend to cycle around to the same questions over and over....

Funnier still how all posts on this matter abruptly stopped.....

There was a reason the posts stopped so abruptly.  See post below from 2007.  Here's the link to the original thread.  

"Jim, Just have the polls Stopped as of now. Since the VMC was Inc. on 4/9/2003 Delaware State Law requires that all meetings of the Member have a min. of 1/3 the members voting for a Quorum or as stated in the Bylaw and ours does not mention the word quorum. So we never have and never will get 1/3 of the members to cast a vote on anything and that includes the voting for the BOD. This Delaware Law places every membership vote taken invalid. With this Law we do not have any BOD . 
Thanks to those did this Incorporated with out making sure we can vote on anything in the future. 
Since this Corp. has no way to vote for Officers, BOD members or anything else, I for one am requesting the balance of my 3 year dues returned prior in the dissolving of the Corp.. Unless one of the brains that got us in this mess can figure a way to dig us out of it. Maybe that would be like spending 9K when you only have a 3K budget. 
As of today I resign as Bylaw Chair since you will never get 6 or 700 members to cast a vote on anything. 
Sincerely, 
Tim T....sidecar 

CC: Bylaws area and Clubhouse" 

An added wrinkle is that the revision of March 4, 2004 prohibiting discrimination was approved by the BOD - not the membership.  So they were never really revised because only the membership can amend the bylaws (according to our attorney).  

Sign in to follow this