2018 19th Annual V2V Craig, CO (Meeker) To Castle Rock CO,

DirtyTwin

Welcome to Leg 5 of the 2018  V2V,
My name is Graham Vincent, and I am your Leg Captain for today's spectacular ride.
Tuesday June 26th, we will be leaving "The White River Inn" (970) 878-5031 in Meeker Colorado around 9:00 am.
(There is Ethanol free gas available in Meeker, however, we will also be heading North to Craig Colo, (about a 50 mile trip) where there is also Ethanol free gas available.)
We will be taking Colo 13 North from Meeker to Craig to pick up The Victory Highway, we will head East thru Steamboat Springs and then Colo 131 to Toponas, we will take Colo 134 over gore Pass (9,523 ft) and hook back onto The Victory highway toward Kremling, and then on to Granby where Ethanol free gas is available, on thru Tabernash, Winter Park and over Berthoud Pass (11,306 ft). we will then take a short ride WEST on I-70 about 3 miles to Georgetown, where we will pick up Guanella Pass road, this takes us up to 11,670 ft, and a terrific view of Mt Bierstadt (14,065 ft) and the back of Mt Evans (14,265 ft), we will pick up Highway 285 and sneak our way down the hills to arrive at The Comfort Suites (303)-814-999 in Castle Rock, Colorado.
As a member of the VMC you will receive a special rate of $132 for your room, (they will take $20 off that price if you pay when you book, it's non cancelable though!).
This ride will have you ride over 10,000 ft at least 3 times, if you live at low elevation normally, hydration is very important, you should plan on drinking about 50% more water than you do normally, beginning about 48 hours prior.

FYI....I'm a Choice Hotel member and Just booked a room at Comfort Suites Castle Rock for Leg 5 (check-in 6/26) using the Preferred Customer Savings Rate. Room rate came up at $118.15. Payment due at check-in and free cancellation if done NLT 6/25. AAA rate for 6/26 check-in was shown as $132. Check it out if you're going to Castle Rock.

Sorry to break in here.....

The rate Snowman808 got IS available to all VMC members. It is the rate negotiated by the VMC with Choice Hotels. You MUST book it through the Choice Hotel website or call the designated 800 number to get this rate.

YOU CANNOT GET THIS RATE BY BOOKING THROUGH THE INDIVIDUAL HOTELS.

Everyone should have received a Choice Hotels S.O.S. (Significant Organization Savings) card with the information on it. The members who have joined in the last couple of years will have this information on the back of their membership card.

If anyone needs the code to get this rate please do not hesitate to contact me.

• 3 months later...
On 2/24/2018 at 3:49 AM, DirtyTwin said:

Welcome to Leg 5 of the 2018  V2V,
My name is Graham Vincent, and I am your Leg Captain for today's spectacular ride.
Tuesday June 26th, we will be leaving "The White River Inn" (970) 878-5031 in Meeker Colorado around 9:00 am.
(There is Ethanol free gas available in Meeker, however, we will also be heading North to Craig Colo, (about a 50 mile trip) where there is also Ethanol free gas available.)
We will be taking Colo 13 North from Meeker to Craig to pick up The Victory Highway, we will head East thru Steamboat Springs and then Colo 131 to Toponas, we will take Colo 134 over gore Pass (9,523 ft) and hook back onto The Victory highway toward Kremling, and then on to Granby where Ethanol free gas is available, on thru Tabernash, Winter Park and over Berthoud Pass (11,306 ft). we will then take a short ride WEST on I-70 about 3 miles to Georgetown, where we will pick up Guanella Pass road, this takes us up to 11,670 ft, and a terrific view of Mt Bierstadt (14,065 ft) and the back of Mt Evans (14,265 ft), we will pick up Highway 285 and sneak our way down the hills to arrive at The Comfort Suites (303)-814-999 in Castle Rock, Colorado.
As a member of the VMC you will receive a special rate of $132 for your room, (they will take $20 off that price if you pay when you book, it's non cancelable though!).
This ride will have you ride over 10,000 ft at least 3 times, if you live at low elevation normally, hydration is very important, you should plan on drinking about 50% more water than you do normally, beginning about 48 hours prior.

Even though I can’t make the trip from Craig I’d like to join for dinner. Probably two of us. Let me know where you’re planning and I’ll try to add on to your reservation. 

Coop

• 3 weeks later...
  • gene hunt pinned and unpinned this topic