Sign in to follow this  
Hammer-Dan

2014 VMC Meet

Just to throw another town in the mix....how about Flagstaff, AZ!?!? I don't even live there...just wanted to throw it out there. LOL!!

Just to let everyone know there are 3 groups working on Hosting the 2014 National. There should be something soon. Both options are great locations and witch ever gets the ok to host 2014, it looks like the other will resubmit their proposal for 2015. I really like seeing this discussion about the VMC National meet and where it will be held. My hope is that this talk and interest makes people step up to host future VMC events and not just the National! As Ann has said here, the Events Committee and others are here to help any group with the planning of ALL VMC events.

I'm A little late to this thread, after going to the national, Sturgis and The AVR this summer, been busy since we got back. Oh I'm from the East we don't travel.

First I will stick up for my friend Donna and second the east is very hospitable, check out the NE Rally threads and you will see it was nearly National meet in attendance.

My first meet was in NH a few years back and it was well put together and a bunch of good riding and fun was had by all.

"My hope is that this talk and interest makes people step up to host future VMC events and not just the National!"

Ever heard of that little get together in Helen Ga every year? Called the Southeast Rally? Ever been there?

Guest Guest

Not to push too hard, But most all other events set their dates based on the National. How close are we?

Awww....thanks Arnold!!! You rock! Hug your honey for me. As for me.....I'm waiting patiently. Would love to say I'll be able to make it to National in 2014 but work gets in the way so often.....sigh. But, I'll happily support the plan when it arrives. :)

Thanks Chuck. I have been to a couple National rallies and Helen is a yearly trip for us and the ozzy. Its a big project to take on and I commend the groups that are throwing there hats into the circle. The guys/girls in the southeast have it down and they make it look easy but behind the sense a lot of hard work goes into making this work. Donna we need to get you up north for a rally one of this days. We had a lot of fun with you at the Prescott rally. :chprhpr

WHOO - HOO!!  'Looks like I'll get to attend my second Nationals!!!  Hunter's a nice little 200 mile ride, but it's really all about the dates!!  This is awesome......... :beer

If anyone wants to do a fly and ride send me a message. Our local dealer rents Victory's and they are only a 3 1/2 hour ride away from the rally. Or you can check out there web site at momsouth.com :chpr If im talking to them I will check if they do airport pickups. :chpr

I saw Woodstock mentioned, just a little back drop. That is not where the 1969 Woodstock festival took place. The town of Woodstock is famous for its folk music and the one time hang out of many 60`s musicians... example Bob Dylan, but the final location for the 3 day festival was in a small town in the southern part of the Catskills called Bethal, NY.....!!!! A great really cool museum there today on the same grounds. Bucket list place to visit for you....... 50 plus'ers. About 2 hours away from Hunter.

Oh and by the way Mr Greer isn't too far away either......... Pine Bush, NY....... look it up!

another good stop is orange county choppers. They have a gift shop with all the bikes from the show and they opened a restraint too. A good stop on your way to the rally point would be to Lloydz and OCC.

Fantastic. Big plusses; 67 miles from Lloyd's for those who want to take advantage of his genius, and 37 miles from the Old Rheinbeck Aerodrome early aviation museum which I've wanted to get to for years. Not to mention the haunts of the Headless Horseman, Rip Van Winkle, a ton of French and Indian and Revolutionary War history, and "Dirty Dancing".