2014 VMC Meet

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up there (Roxbury), and know the area extremely well, I have many friends who still live there, as well as family.

There are plenty of places to stay at Hunter, Windham, and Tannersville, but there were not many campgrounds close to Hunt.  If asked, and I might have some connections still, the ski center might let us use thier parking lots to camp at.  The riding there is some of the best in the country

If needed, I might be able to help you guys out from a distance. 

If it can happen in mid June there is one of the best motorcycle events just about in the country that is happening a short distance from Hunter:

http://www.rhinebecknationalmeet.com/

It is one of largest antique motorcycle swap meets held in the country.

Getting there is an ok ride that is only 40mi from Hunter.

I'm not sure if our presence would conflict with the County Music Fest that is happening at the mountain that weekend, but the resort is a big place, and it might not be an issue.

http://tasteofcountryfestival.com/

On the plus side they may already have the permits in place for that event to allow camping at the resort.

I too have book room for the three nights, had to take a 1 bedroom as there are no studio's left. See you there I hope. Work dependent. Hope we from southern Ontario who are going can meet up along way to ride in together.

Regards