gene hunt

2018 19th Annual V2V, Leg 9 St. Louis Columbus, MO to Indianapolis (Greenfield) IN – 6/30/2018

Welcome to Leg 11 of the 2018 V2V, 6//30/2018. Wayne Oosterhoff is your Leg Captain.

The Hotel is:

Comfort Inn

178 E Martindale Dr., Greenfield, IN

Phone: (317) 467-9999

The rate is $99 and the Group code is Victory Motorcycle Club.

We have a room block of 10 rooms

There is food and adult beverage choices within walking distance

Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting year of the V2V. I'm your Leg 9 Captain, Wayne Oosterhoff, Jr. I'm looking forward to leading us from St. Louis to Indianapolis. I'm excited as the route finally comes though our area on a weekend. I was on this leg last year and I'm looking for suggestions any slight route diversions so if anyone has any suggestions please post them or feel free to email me at: whojndfan@yahoo.com.

I will post the route when it's finalized.

Any questions, let me know. In the meantime let's hope the weather keeps getting warmer so we can wake up our bikes and get your hotels booked as they go fast.

Thanks

Hotel and Route update.

Departing Saturday 6/30 at approx. 9am CST.

Days Inn

12 Commerce Dr., Collinsville, IL 62214

Phone: (800)329-1073 – Use Victory Riders Group or Rick McDonald to secure our rate.

Should arrive around 6pm EST at:

Comfort Inn

178 E Martindale Dr., Greenfield, IN

Phone: (317) 467-9999

I'm still looking for any route suggestions.  We will be stopping for lunch at the famous Moonshine Store for lunch where you can sink your teeth into a world famous Moonburger:              https://www.clarkcountyil.org/Communities/moonshine.htm

We will also be stopping by my Alma mater, Indiana State University for a picture with Larry Bird before we venture into the Indy area and meet up with Leg 10 riders.

Please feel free to send any other suggestions to me either on this site or at my email: whojndfan@yahoo.com

The meet up and dinner location for Leg 8 & Leg 9 riders at St Louis is:

The Loading Dock

401 Front St.

Grafton, IL 62037

lets shoot for a time around 6:30. I’ll stay in touch with Leg 9 Captain on day or ride if time needs adjustment.

Rick McDonald (Mack)

Edited by Mack
  • Like 1

RESTAURANT FOR LEG 9 & 10 MEETING:

https://www.graybroscafe.com/about-us.html

We'll be meeting at 6PM on June 30th at Gray Brothers Cafeteria, 555 S. Indiana St., Moorsville, IN 46158, for dinner and the customary baton pass.  This will be prior to checking in to the hotel.

I saw this place on the Food Network and the Travel Channel.  I was in the area last year and tried it out.  You won't be diappointed.

The leg captains have the details.

Not sure when you will be here in Bloomington at IU but I will be here all week at scout camp and we'll be leaving on Saturday the 30th to head back to St. Louis. So if I see a big group of Vics I'll honk 3 times! Happy trails and ride safe.

Edited by EYROYS
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 11:43 PM, whojvicfan said:

Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting year of the V2V. I'm your Leg 9 Captain, Wayne Oosterhoff, Jr. I'm looking forward to leading us from St. Louis to Indianapolis. I'm excited as the route finally comes though our area on a weekend. I was on this leg last year and I'm looking for suggestions any slight route diversions so if anyone has any suggestions please post them or feel free to email me at: whojndfan@yahoo.com.

I will post the route when it's finalized.

Any questions, let me know. In the meantime let's hope the weather keeps getting warmer so we can wake up our bikes and get your hotels booked as they go fast.

Thanks

Wayne, I dropped an email to you yesterday.  It might have ended up in your span folder.  Could you check please?

Thanks!