2017 18th Annual V2V LEG 7 Poll St.Louis MO to Kansas City MO

LEG 7 STL TO KC

Leg Captain: Rick McDonald A.K.A. (Mack)

LEG 7 ITINERARY: Depart from:

Days Inn 12 Commerce Drive

Collinsville, IL 62214

618-345-2626

KICKSTANDS UP @9:00

We will cross over to Missouri on the historic Eads Bridge (opened 1894) with a brief stop at the GATEWAY ARCH (or vicinity) for Leg 7 handoff.

At 10:15 a stop at the Phillips 66 station, 901 Meramec Station Rd., Valley Park, Mo 63088 (near the intersection of hwy. 141 & I-44 to pickup any local riders and then continue to US 50W to K.C. This will only be a 5 to 10 minute stop so please be waiting if you are joining the ride here.

If you're planning on joining the ride somewhere else along the way, you can email me at stikwalker-mcdonald@ yahoo.com, and I'll do my best to accommodate you.

We will be traveling route US 50 to Kansas City this year for most of the way stopping for lunch at:

LUTZ'S FAMOUS BBQ

http://www.lutzbbq.com/

3505 Missouri Blvd, Jefferson City, MO 65109

A stop around Sedalia 15min break for gas.

Arrival time at the Pear Tree Inn: Approximately 3:30 - 4:00

Leg 7/8 riders, please make reservations at:

Pear Tree Inn Overland Park

10951 METCALF AVENUE OVERLAND PARK , KS 66210

Telephone: (913) 451-0200

Hotel Information:

Comfort Inn & Suites

7200 W. 107th St.

Overland Park, KS 66212

Hotel number: 844-746-5588 ( room rates for 2 queen or 1 king are $124 + fees & taxes.

All of the reservation providers have the rate at $95 for the same accommodations. 855-239-9246 is Hotels.com I believe. You can Google the Hotel and that should give you all the info you need.

Free WiFi and cooked to order breakfast if that matters.

This hotel is right of 435 & Metcalf but on the opposite side of the highway than the Pear Tree Inn we usually stay at. The Pear Tree Inn is now Drury Hotel and is under renovation although still operating. Drury is $149 so I didn't think making reservations there made much sense.

The KC GPVR will be providing dinner at a resturaunt near by. More information still to come.

See you soon, Mack.

-----

Just to let everyone know, if you book through the hotel you can cancel the reservation if you need to. When booking through online services you may not be able to cancel and could be charged the complete fee. Pay attention to the fine print if you book on line!

Mack