2018 NATIONAL MEET REGISTRATION

Peddler

They submitted their proposal before they knew how much money they were getting from the VMC. I can only guess they based their proposal on how much we gave the National last year. That amount was greatly reduced as the funds were not available.

IMHO........$50 is a great price seeing as the last few years have been $80+

ABOUT THE EVENTS

On this weekend in July, Ernest Hemmingway's typically tranquil Northern Michigan - "the land of cool waters and lush forests," will be disrupted by the distinct rumble of Freedom V-Twin Engines. Join us July 19th through the 22nd on the western edge of the Huron National Forest in Grayling, Michigan for the 16th Annual Victory Motorcycle Club (VMC) National Meet - NORTHERN THUNDER 2018, hosted by VMC Local Chapters - The Northern Michigan Victory Riders and the Wolverine State Victory Riders.

Come join in the fun with fellow VMC’rs from all over the world. Renew old bonds and make new friends. Meet the people you’ve been chatting with online. Enjoy four days of motorcycle tours, fellowship, food and music.

When is the 2018 VMC National Meet? - Thursday, July 19th through Sunday July 22nd

Do I have to be a member of the Victory Motorcycle Club to attend? - Non VMC members are welcome to attend but pay a higher registration fee. We encourage non-members to consider joining the VMC. Becoming a member before registering for the National Meet will save you $5 off the non-member fee. Learn more about the benefits of VMC membership.

Please note: The VMC is not affiliated with either the Victory Riders Association (VRA) or the Victory Owners Group (VOG).

Do I have to register? - Yes, all participants are required to register for this event.

I registered for the National, but now, I cannot attend. Can I get a refund? - If your plans have changed and you can no longer attend, let us know before June 6, 2018 and we'll refund your registration fee less PayPal transaction fees.

What does the registration fee cover? - Your registration fee provides you with great meals, music and entertainment during your stay - as well as an event t-shirt and participation in organized motorcycle rides and tours. We are a non-profit organization and ALL proceeds from the National Meet are donated to select charities.

What do I do about lodging? - Hotel accomodations are as follows:

The host hotel is the Ramada Grayling Hotel and Convention Center, 2650 I-75 Business Loop, Grayling, MI 49738 ... to reserve your room at the VMC rate you MUST call the hotel direct at (989) 348-7611 and let them know you're attending the Victory Motorcycle Club Meet.

Additional lodging is at the Days Inn Grayling, 2556 I-75 Business Loop, Grayling, MI 49738. Phone (989) 344-0204.

For camping in the area try the Grayling Visitors Bureau.

Bushog,

The big set up happens on Wednesday with the tent, decorations, etc happening them. Thursday is the first day for registration and self guided rides and the first guided rides are on Friday. There will be people starting to come in on Wed but registration happens on Thursday. Plan accordingly.

This is a start.

Thursday, July 19

Registration opens in the late afternoon.

Vendors invited to set up in the afternoon

Guided Dinner ride to a local restaurant leaves at 6:00PM

An informal social event will follow at the hotel.

Friday, July 20

Registration will be in the morning 8:00 - 9:30 AM and afternoon 4:00 – 7:00PM

There will be four guided rides on Friday and Saturday and one guided ride on Sunday. The most popular rides will be repeated so that everyone can go on every ride. These guided rides (Kickstands Up 9:30AM) include:

Tunnel of Trees: Very scenic ride along Lake Michigan from Harbor Springs to Cross Village. This is one of the most scenic rides in the Great Lakes Region … http://mynorth.com/2017/05/guide-to-a-scenic-michigan-getaway-m-119-tunnel-of-trees-in-harbor-springs/

To the Bridge and Back: This ride will meander up to the Straits of Mackinac. Riders will have the option to stay, explore, and shop in historic Mackinac City or continue the ride across the Mackinaw Bridge and on to Sault St Marie to see the shipping locks and other local attractions … https://www.michigan.org/city/mackinaw-city#?c=44.4299:85.1166:7&tid=522&page=0&pagesize=20&pagetitle=Mackinaw%20City

Sunrise Side: Travel along the national scenic highway, ride along Lake Huron, and see monuments to the lumberjacks of the past in Michigan’s under appreciated Sunrise Side … https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/hmnf/recarea/?recid=18982

Upper Peninsula (Friday only) This longer ride will leave at 8:00AM and will ride to sites that could include: Tahquamenon Falls, Soo Locks in Sault St Marie and Lake Superior … https://www.michigan.org/hot-spots/upper-peninsula

Vendors Row opens in the afternoon and there will be an opening reception hosted by Klimmeks Sales and Service from 4:00 - 6:00PM in the tent.

Dinner will be provided by the hotel providing barbeque pork dinners.

The Evening entertainment “FRIDAY NIGHT BLUES” will be provided in the tent by the 202 Band starting at about 8:30 PM

• 2 months later...

I am registered, but when I clicked the cash Icon it said they would send me an Email which they did. However there is no information on who or where to send a check which I have always done in the past. Did I miss something? I would like to get this taken care of so the MI guys have some money to work with to put on an awesome event like they always do!

• 2 weeks later...
I ennded up having to get a room at the super 8 in Haughton lake about 20 min away.

If you scored a Houghton Lake Hotel, you did good.  That's a tough area to find a room on a weekend in the summer.

Check back in with the Ramada a couple weeks prior to the National.  Someone will cancel.

The wife and I are registered! I got the rooms reserved way earlier... This will be a great trip since this year both of my Victory riding sons will be riding with me and the wife.

We’re planning on going up through Wisconsin and across the bridge on our way there, and taking the SS Badger ferry on our way back home.

I really can’t wait until our departure date!