Leg#10 ~ 6.30.13 ~ Castle Rock,CO - Craig,CO

robbrutus

Welcome to the 14th Annual Victory Highway Relay (V2V)

Leg Captain: John Dextras (ColoradoKP)
Co. Captain:
Hotel: Bear Valley Inn For reservations: 970-824-8101 (mention Victory Motorcycle Club) Rooms: $60 flat rate. address: 755 East Victory Way, Craig, CO 81625 Brandi and Joe are always wonderful hosts, they even cook dinner for us. They will be cooking dinner for us, so please make your reservations so they know how much food to get. In the past we've had BBQ chicken; last year it was prime rib. Can't beat all that for $60.

In the past, we've stayed at the Days Inn & Suites Castle Rock, 4691 Castleton Way, Castle Rock, CO 80109, (303) 814-5825.

It's up the hill from the Rockyard American Grill & Brewing Co. where we've held the baton change and dinner. If anyone has other suggestions, please provide.

Paul, will you be contacting them to set up reservation info? I plan to contact the hotel in Craig for the leg from Castle Rock to there.

As in years past, we will be staying at the Bear Valley Inn for the evening in Craig, CO. Brandi and Joe are always wonderful hosts, they even cook dinner for us.

For reservations: 970-824-8101 (mention Victory Motorcycle Club)

Rooms: $60 flat rate.

address: 755 East Victory Way, Craig, CO 81625

As mentioned, they will be cooking dinner for us, so please make your reservations so they know how much food to get. In the past we've had BBQ chicken; last year it was prime rib.

Can't beat all that for $60.

John,

This is Sue Geagley! I won't be going the year, but wanted you guys to take care of my man.. since he will be going without me. I have a girls get together with my best friend who is a breast cancer surviver and we're celebrating her 5 year of being cancer free.. You all have fun and be safe..

Sue Geagley

AKA Basher2

Someone just told me that the link to the route we will be taking is NOT correct. I've tried to fix it, but Google Maps isn't cooperating. So I'll just tell everyone the slight difference.

Instead of going west all the way to Silverthorne and heading up Hwy 9, we will be following Hwy 40 (Old Victory Hwy) and break off from I-70 seven miles west of Idaho Springs and head north over Berthoud Pass, through Winter Park, and then on to Grand Lake.

My apologies for the map issue. It worked fine from a Word document.

Hope everyone understands the route.

See you in a few weeks.

If anyone is interested, I'm thinking of heading out to Limon Saturday afternoon, grabbing a late lunch at Ruby's, gassing up and hooking up with the Wilson-CR riders into Castle Rock that evening. Plan is to keep an eye on the tracker from the web and intercept. May not do it if I'm solo.