Sign in to follow this  
robbrutus

Leg#1 ~ 6.21.13 ~ Chickopee,MA - Stroudsburg,PA

Welcome to the 14th Annual Victory Highway Relay (V2V)

Captain: Will Benjamin (Long_Will)
Co. Captain:
Hotel: Starting point •Hampton Inn•600 Memorial Drive•Chicopee MA 01020•Promo Code: VMC•Rates: 135 + tax and up•Reservations: 866.430.2692•Web: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/massachusetts/hampton-inn-c...•Hotel Phone 413.593.1500Ending point Budget Inn & Suites 320 Greentree DriveEast Stroudsburg, PA18301(800) 233-8144 Rate= $89.00 + taxCodeword= VMC

Thanks for your support on this epic ride, this is my 4th year as your Road Captain for the Eastern most Leg of the V2V and I am again excited to be a part of this great event.

We are starting our ride planning and will meet to discuss the plans on March 16 (Noon) at the 99 Restaurant in Chicopee. This Planning meeting is open to all interested VMC members and the directions to the meeting is posted in several forums for you. Right now we are planning all backroads for the Leg.

We will be scoping out hotels in Chicopee for everyone and will post the hotel info as it becomes available. As the Leg 1 Road Captain I usually arrange a Hotel for each end of this Leg. It may be a while before I can get to Stroudsburg to scope the Hotels there, but I will get this for you as soon as I can.

:usf

Will, maybe Dirtybubble can help us out with a hotel on the Stroudsburg end .

Might be a tall order,finding a budget friendly Motel with a Bar/Restaurant on Friday Night in the Pocono's. Probably will need some local knowledge. :y:

Annapolis will be even worse in the summer on a Saturday night

Here is the Hotel Information for the V2V Leg 1 start in Chicopee:

There are other hotels in the Chicopee area, but this is rated as the best one.

We had a very successful pre-ride of the course this weekend, I think we have a great ride plan which will be very safe and scenic for everyone.

I am appointing additional V2V Leg 1 Road Captains:

• jjkat (Special thanks for putting up with us Friday night)
  • XC Bubba
  • Roboots21
  • RhodeTrip
  • DaveH221

The V2V (Victory to Victory) Highway Relay is again coming to our region starting on June 20th and 21st.

This is a Coast to Coast Relay ride starting in Central Massachusetts on the first day of summer and ending on July 4th in the California Bay Area. All VMC members are welcomed to join us for the ride.

Leg 1 of the V2V will start in Chicopee, MA and will wind its way through back-roads and scenic byways to Stroudsburg, PA

Kickstands up at 8:00 AM Sharp each Day

Zack and Rita will be providing lunch for us, so if you can make it to Hyde Park NY for lunch, please stop by Zack's to say hello and share some food with us.

Here is the Hotel Information for the V2V Leg 1:

Thursday Night June 20 - 21 Hotel Information Chicopee MA

Friday Night (June 21 - 22) Hotel Information - Stroudsburg PA

• Budget Inn & Suites
  • 320 Greentree Drive
  • East Stroudsburg, PA18301
  • (800) 233-8144
  • Rate= $89.00 + tax
  • Codeword= VMC
  • www.poconobudgetinn.com

Friday night Dinner Reservations have been made at JRs Grill and Salad Bar (6:30 pm)

I would also like to announce that Candace and I will be hosting a kickoff Barb q Thursday the 20th at our home.

756 Britton Street

Chicopee,ma 01020

All are invited.

:y: :y: :y:

:beer :beer :beer

:tu :tu :tu

:wcm :wcm :wcm

+I may visit somewhere along the way. I've started a new job and am somewhat restricted on leave use with a particularly heavy schedule. I'll probably be at Zack's, but am currently unsure of my other abilities.

Ride on.

Roadkill

Any chance I can meet you guys out in Chicopee Friday morning and ride along for a hour or two? Can't get the time off from work but don't have to be at work until 3pm.

Matt aka Sportsman Matt

Got hotel reservation for Thursday night at the Hampton Inn, and will be out there probably around 8-8:30pm Thursday night as long as I can get the vacation time approved for the second half of my shift. If not I will be there around 1am.

Matt

I would also like to get a head count of sorts for the Thursday evening kickoff Barb Q.

Just a general idea is fine, there will be plenty of food to enjoy, just

BYOB

PS the pool is open

Anyone from Central PA or the Mid Atlantic going to Chickopee ? I'm leaving Thursday morning. if anyone wants to ride together?

Will/XC Bubba .. I will be joining you guys Friday morning along the way somewhere, I am not sure where though. My bro should be joining us (I hope) and we were thinking of heading South and meeting somewhere in CT. I am going to look at the map and see if I can figure something out, but what are your thoughts about the best place and time in CT to meet? I also may come out to the BBQ Thursday night as well with part of the family.

I really wanted to make this first leg. My twin daughters just had to Graduate HS that weekend..... Another time.