VMC National weather outlook

Phideaux

Hurricane Issac is pushing a lot of moisture out of the Gulf of Mexico.  Friday, there's going to be a really good chance of thunderstorms from just west of Hot Springs and back to the east, with the squall line extending out of the gulf northward into Missouri.  This is expected to be clearing to the northeast from the south sometime Friday night.

If you're traveling into Hot Springs on Friday, be prepared for wet weather travel.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

By the way, the forecast for Saturday and Sunday is sunny and little chance of rain.  I think the temperature should be unseasonably cool from the rainfall; a very welcome thing . . .

I hope that it rains al weekend and all the roads are flooded.

Not to put a damper on the Meet but we have been suffering from a drought and in the southwest corner of Ar an NE Texas its been going on for a long time. From the standpoint of some one in the livestock business we need all the rain we can get.If you eat beef or vegetables you might oughta pay for rain too, cause if this keeps up both could get mighty expensive. Besides,if you cant ride in the rain you arent much of a biker.

My boss offered up his enclosed trailer for the group riding out of OKC today after seeing the forcast for Issac. Told him no way! Although we may get a little damp on the way down, trailering down would mean we would miss the ride through Talahina on the way back. I don't mind the liquid sunshine, and as posted above, this part of the country needs all we can get!

We're gonna go ahead and leave the DFW metroplex this afternoon, hopefully getting into Hot Springs ahead of the incliment weather.
We're staying at The Austin Hotel until Monday - so we should be able to salvage at least a couple of good days for riding in the Ozarks.
Getting both bikes dyno'ed by Kyle on Fri morning; looking forward to meeting some good people and having a great time!

Chris & Tigger

As of 11;12 AM local time on thurs. No rain yet but very windy and very dark clouds. No sun and about 85ish degrees. They say 100% chance of rain today and tomorrow. 30% saturday.

Hotel is nice, big & clean with a nice restaurant and big bar area. Pool table, tv, popcorn kind of stuff.

The convention center is actually behind the hotel in a seperate building.