Leg 9 ~ 6.29.2012 ~ Saint Louis, MO ~ Plainfield, IN

PATTI

As we are getting ready for another great year of riding, this ride is always on our calendar. We have met a lot of great friends and know we will be meeting more in the years to come. Pam and I our hopping to catch at least 3 legs this year,

It has been requested from some of the normal V2Vers that we move the stop further east, as we do have a short leg, and the one to Hebron is quit long. I am checking different locations at this time.

Looking for comments or question concerning this change.

A group of V2V riders had a Christmas party at the Bestwestern Plainfield. Really liked the place. Lots of resturants and gas stations right there. If for some reason you don't like the

chosen hotel, there are lots of others right next to the Bestwestern. This is the exit that we allways stop at for gas in Plainfield. Just west of Indy. If this changes to Plainfied, Mic and I

will be looking for feedback on this stop.

Plainfield is roughly 40 miles east of Terre Haute. That's not really that much of a change - and moving the TH-stop to Brazil would be almost no change at all. From Brazil to Plainfield, the map (and satellite view) makes that area look almost like it's uninhabited - so Plainfield is really the only choice east of Indy.

To me, location and available-services makes Plainfield the only practical choice.

-Mike

After talking with Mick, we have decided to move the Terre Haute stop to Plainfied, Indiana. We travel through Plainfied every year so it should not be a big change. We will be staying at the Best Western in Plainfield. We will also have a second hotel for anyone that wants or needs a cheaper stay. Mick will post info on the optional hotel soon. Here is the info for the Best Western. The rate will be 75$ plus tax. Make sure to mention the Victory Motorcycle Club.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Airport Inn & Suites

6109 Cambridge Way, Plainfield Indiana 46168-7903

Phone: (317) 837-7500

I am organizing a group of folks from the Akron/Canton, Ohio area that will meet up with you in Plainfield, IN and ride to Hebron, Ohio (and maybe further for some of us). My room is booked in Plainfield, IN for Friday night. Will arrive around dinner time.

Look forward to meeting everyone. :y:

ooops, I guess I don't know how to read a calendar. You all are going to be in Plainfield FRIDAY night...

No Vet karaoke going on in Speedway Friday night, but I got 90k karaoke songs on my 'puter at the shop, connected to a 900w PA, with mis-matching speakers...Since I can't sell booze in there, BYOB, and I'll figure something out...

Anybody play guitar, drums, bass??? I got it all at the shop...just sayin', if you're bored Friday. I got a Telecaster, an Alvarez Fusion acoustic with old strings, another Alvarez Stratocaster knockoff, a set of Yamaha electronic drums, and an old bass...Bring it!

Just received this one at work. It is summer time, you know? We're all gonna melt!

It includes Plainfield:

Issued at: 3:01 PM EDT 6/27/12, expires at: 11:15 PM EDT 6/27/12

Excessive heat warning in effect from 11 am Thursday to 8 pm edt Friday, The NWS in Indianapolis has issued an excessive heat warning, which is in effect from 11 am Thursday to 8 pm edt Friday. The heat advisory is no longer in effect.

Thursday will be the hottest day many hoosers have ever seen in their life. Highs could reach 106 in some places, and at least make it to 102.

Impacts: Watch out for heat stroke. Precautionary/preparedness actions, Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water. Pets will need plenty of water and should not be left in cars.

I've got to be at work Friday morning to finish our Fiscal end of year budget, but will try to join in when you ride through Marshall, IL. Do you have any idea about what time you will be through there? I'm assuming you'll be coming across Rte 40 and we'll be at the Casey's gas station at Rte 1. We'll probably ride as far as Dayton to the dealer on Saturday, then head back from there.

Thinking about all of you riding the V2V today. I think I'll ask Someone to watch over you today. I've seen where Bambi and the V2V have already crossed paths at least once - and the heat along your route today will be brutal. The rain, storms, and cool air will apparently stay north of you about 100 miles today. As of this AM, there was a 20% chance of t-storms this evening - but absolutely nothing on radar as of 1:30pm. You'll apparently be riding with a tailwind all day - but I'm not sure that's a good thing in this heat. I took a couple of 20 min. rides this AM and the cross- and head-winds didn't feel too bad.

I've ridden at least a part of the IL-leg every year since my first V2V in '05 - riding as Leg Captain the first few. I've also ridden the legs east and west of ours -- once each. Met lots of great people and had fun on every ride. Thankfully, Hunter co-captained with me, probably in '09, and he's had the ball since. This is the first V2V I've been sidelined since '05 - and I'm not happy I'm missing it - but the last couple were questionable for me and I probably should NOT have ridden it last year.

I planned & hoped I could ride at least a part of our leg again this year -- but the heat/humidity AND a leg problem prevented my participation. (It's the same problem that cost me a knee - and about 3 months of riding - last year right after the V2V.) As I said, I took a couple of quick rides this AM - and I decided that my decision to skip the V2V this year is the right one. Heat & humidity don't like me - and there'll be no escape from either today.

Ride safe and have as much fun as you can - while baking in the IL-sun and triple-digits heat!

-Mike

Mark your calander, make your reservations, and join us for our 2nd annual Christmas party. December 7th and 8th in Plainfield Indiana. At the Best Western Hotel. Rooms are 75$ and blocked under Victory Motorcycle. Make your reservations now. We will be doing the White Elephant gift exchange again. The dollar amount for this year is 12$. Lets see who can get what with their 12 bucks. We will be doing the White elephant on Saturday the 8th. Friday is just a meet and greet. Guys will be going to the dealer Saturday afternoon. Girls probably shopping.

Hope to see you there,

Central Ohio Victory Riders

Best Western

6109 Cambridge Way

Plainfield, Indiana, 46168-7903, US

Phone: 317/837-7500

Fax: 317/203-7810

Toll Free Reservations:

877-563-6102