Leg 6 ~ 6.26.2012 ~ Castle Rock, CO ~ Wilson, KS

PATTI

As we speak, there is construction on on I70 around Wilson and the Wilson exit is closed westbound, I don't know if it will be open by V2V but will let anyone coming how to deal with it.

I am calling now to make a reservation in Castle Rock. looks like 364 miles from there to Wilson. 58 of it 2 lane and the rest I 70. I suppose one could leave Limon and go through Cheyenne Wells but the 2 lane is just as desolate as I 70 so really no point. If someone decides to join me, theres a great road starting at the Dorrance exit that goes around Lake Wilson.

Hey I need some company, Lets talk it over in Castle Rock but we can get depart interstate at Colby and take 24 to Kansas 18 and take it to some nice twisty roads around Lake Wilson. It's less than 400 miles and I have a house above the lake that has a nice view of the water and some great sunsets. Also have several varieties of microbrews if anyones interested!! Come on aboard!!

I am not marking that I will part or all of this ride, but don't be surprised if the moneyman shows up some where.  If you do take 40 from Limon to Oakley, it adds about 10 miles versus I-70, and there is a decent cafe in Sharon Springs for lunch.  If Patti is there, I may even show her my newest bruise.

I plan on I-70 to Colby and then getting on 24 to Webster lake, theres a nice road going across the dam that connects to K18 which will take us to Paradise then Lucas.(home of the Garden of Eden). Will take K232 and go around Wilson lake and on to Wilson. If theres plenty of time one can ride around the lake on some great roads and end up at Dorrance and take 40 to Wilson.

That stretch of 40 from Limon to Oakley is some of the most desolate road I've been on, I want to get Eastern Colorado/Western Kansas behind me as soon as possible!!

Excellent roads for sure. Just went up to rock city last year while we were out there. Love the view from your house, been down that road a few times and like to stop at the dam for a break and take in the view. See you next Tuesday night!

I deeply regret to infom everyone that I won't be able to make the ride from castle rock to Wilson . 2 days ago in the north part of yellowstone, I hit a bunch of debris in the road and went down . One night in ICU at least one moe day in the hospital in Livingston Montana.

Sorry for the late notice

As I write this we are trailering the bike home. The crash happened Wednesday night and I suffered five broken ribs and a bunch of bruising on my left side. From the way the helmet coat and chaps look it is good that I was wearing them. My son and girlfriend arrived at the hospital in Livingston early Thursday and my wife and daughter flew to Cody where I had a work pickup parked. They drove to the hospital and after I was released Friday we went to Belgrade Mt and bought a trailer. The we drove to Gardiner and picked up the bike. We made Cody around 10 pm. Yesterday got us to Cheyenne and today will make it home. Thanks to everyone for their concerns, I'm doing better everyday but broke ribs take a while to heal!!