Sign in to follow this  
jkoshar

2016 National Meet Registration

Bam! You just made it too easy and now I'm registered for the event. Already registered at the hotel several weeks ago.

It's going to be a long slow spring and summer......

OH, the anticipation...it's gonna be killer! That's right...2016 VMC National Meet Registration - CHECK!

Room Booked - CHECK!

Psyched to ride in Colorado - CHECK!

The next couple of months will be agony...

:kick

I'm all registered!! Room is reserved, but I couldn't get one in the block of rooms for the VMC. I'm at the same hotel though so it's all good...

Hello Everyone!

Getting close to the early registration cut off point! Wanted to put out a reminder for everyone to register. Our hotel reservations don't seem to match our registrations and the earlier the better would really help out the event organizers. We are very close to our room allocations as well, if you know you are not going and have a reservation please go ahead and release your room.

Thanks,

Dave Cooper

Event Co-Chair

Is there an option for us to eat with the group and skip the trinket bags? 190 dollars is awefully steep for one couple that doesn't care much for swag...

While I really wanted to come, I recently got laid off and just can't justify the cost. So, I just cancelled my reservation at the Marriott. If you are looking for one, please jump in.

Hope to see ya'll around.

Hey Bob, I don't have anything to do with planning this event but from looking at the agenda thread, it looks like the Saturday night banquet dinner requires tickets which will be given at check in/registration to those who paid. I know months ago when I paid for myself and my wife, we also picked out our entree for the meal. From that it would seem that if you don't want to pay for this event, you'd simply receive no swag nor be able to eat and attend the Sat night banquet ........or follow ichi's advice, :tu

I may get blasted for this but why in the world is the registration that much? There is a substantial amount of funds allocated for National correct?

I do understand what you're saying, the overage, wherever it goes, does look excessive at the added expense of the members.

I'm one of those who sit back while others do all the work so I can then pay up and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

That said, I didn't really object to the amount of the registration cause I'm not doing anything other than hopping on the bike in August and showing up.

I do completely agree with you that the majority of available event funds from our yearly memberships should be used for the event.

FWIW, Prior to becoming a GL Regional Rep, and since, and most recently at the GL Regional Meet (Li'l Sturgis), I have heard complaints from numerous members about the costs of the recent National Meets, with the majority of complaints being directed at the cost of the Hotel rooms, but many also directed at the cost of registration. I think many members (and most that I have spoken with) would be happy to stay at hotels that are less "fancy" than the ones that have been selected, but I also understand that there is a limited selection of hotels/venues that can provide the number of rooms and a banquet facility for the size of our typical attendance. It all gets real expensive for those member who are bringing multiple people, rather than coming on their own and sharing a room. Additionally, it does appear that for the last two or three National Meets, the money provided by the VMC has been essentially a pass through to the selected charity for that year and really hasn't served to offset the cost of attendance for members. Perhaps the practice/policy that has produced those results should be reviewed.

For all the people who are complaining about $100 to register, your bikes better be bone stock and have only ever had a single tank of gas by the time you arrive. You own a ~$13k+ motorcycle and you are complaining about a price tag that is the same as some cheap Chinese plastic "chrome" mirrors, yet I'm sure you have them.

Good luck ever going to a event like Sturgis and not spending $100....a day. Better yet, instead of only washing and waxing your bike on the weekends consider riding it every once in a while and enjoy your investment.