Sign in to follow this  
Broe

Trailer and Bike Stolen

Yo Broe

Teamcampbell (that's us) live in Tucson and have LOTS of PGR, ALR, VFWR and even a couple of MC members as friends. If you care to I.M. or email me with any additional info, (if there is any) we would be happy to assist anyway we can. . .even have a couple of Motor cops close by!!! I'll send the pictures to some of our boys & girls and maybe by some outside chance, these stinkin' thieves arent too bright, thinkin' the owner is in Michigan, may bring the bike out . . . and then we shoot them!!!

Bear

I'll add a couple items here. As for the trailer tires they did indeed look almost new and appeared in great shape. Question asked me that I didn't have an answer for was how old were they. What ever the case it seems they didn't handle 100+ degree heat well at all. Lost the first tire in Pacific MO where the temp was 107 and the second on after coming through Phoenix at 110, so from my point of view it was just the heat at fault as to what happened to the tires.

Something mentioned that makes me feel a little stupid is that I have a hitch lock, something to put on the trailer when it isn't attached to the truck but think of it with my other trailer and just didn't think to bring it... stupid..stupid...stupid

The Pinal County Sheriff deputy I spoke with on Monday said he had seen the trailer sitting where I had left it when he was on his way home after getting off work Sunday and around 5:30 and I arrived back at the scene at about 7:00 so it wasn't a large window in time for it to be found and taken, but obviously large enough.

Yeah, I won't beat myself to bad about the tires as I passed at lease four others with similar problems in that short thirty mile trip into Tucson. Had also seen three Semi's blow what I'll guess were retreads during the trip and that about equals the number I have seen ever before. It was a tough week on tires.

Well I will never know for sure what the issue with the tires were unless I get them back and have a chance to inspect them. If I get the tires back, it probably means I have gotten the trailer back, and with the trailer back, perhaps the motorcycle along with it. I go for that a return of all items....

Tom just posted in the Michigan forum that the sherriff's department has recovered his motorcycle.

All I know at this point is that the bike is "ride-able". I think that the sherrif's department would have called me regarding the trailer since I own the trailer and Tom now owns the bike. They have not contacted me but I have not been home today, nor have I check the answering machine in like 6 months. I will or I will have Tom chime in when we know more details. Who woulda thunk?

Ive been watching the Tuscon and Phoenix area Craigslist to see if that bike or parts of it would surface. Actually, I check Craigslist regularly anyway.But since I saw this after the Meet in Prescott I have been keeping an eye out.They must have decided it was too different to not get noticed or something. Unless maybe the police caught someone riding it. Hopefully.

Glad you are getting your bike back.Hope it didn't get abused.

I talked to Tommy last night. He is really pumped. The police did not give him any info just the ride-able comment. He actually got two phone calls...the first from the City of Tucson PD and then the Sherrif's Department. They gave him a case number. When he gets the police report, he said he would share the info.

Well Bruce if you don't get your trailer back, the new all aluminum trailers really tow nice. I bet you could even get one delivered!

i'm glad to hear that the bike has been recovered. We have been the victim of many thefts and it always sucks. We even had some guys get through the gate and load up a shop truck and trailer and leave in a truck with Lakeside motor Sports down the side of it!

I live in Tucson. I will be more than willing to take a look in the area of town for the trailer once that is known. If you need a place to store the bike let me know. I can also go pick it up. I expect Mike at Arizona Victory would help too. I know of another chip owner or two that would also be willing to help.