V2V "17" Leg#3 ~ 6.23.16 ~ Ely NV - Salt Lake City/Park City UT

TENTATIVE RIDE PLAN

LEG 3: Ely NV to Heber City UT (changed from Salt Lake City / Park City)

DATE: Thu 23 JUN 16

DISTANCE: 273 miles - estimate 6-7 hours

LEG 3 CAPTAIN: Snowman808 - ed

CO-CAPTAIN: ??? (volunteer welcome)

ROUTE: 50 - 6 - 189

HOTEL: Holiday Inn Express Heber City (has free FULL breakfast with your stay)

Book room on your own OR stay where you like

Baton pass will be done here morning of LEG 4 departure

I'll gladly share my room - I'm tolerable for 1 night :)

LEG 3 DINNER: TBD

LEG 2 and LEG 4 Captains please contact me as soon as details for these LEGS are set so I can coordinate Ely and Heber City meetups.

TO ALL.......THIS IS MY FIRST V2V SO I ASK FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING. ANY SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE MY RIDE PLANS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Feel free to PM me.

Am I missing something? Last time I rode the V2V (2014) there was a poll on each leg page where we could indicate if we were riding 2 up or alone etc. I'm hoping to ride Carson City to Craig but I have no knowledge of those areas and my sense of direction will cause us to end up far from our desired stops.... I'm willing to help but trust me, you DO NOT want me leading the group

Unfortunately, I'm coming from Colorado, and I'm not sure how many will be riding the leg from Heber City to Craig.

I'm surprised, just like Bearcat, that there wasn't a poll at the beginning of each thread like in previous years.

But that's ok. Was just wondering if a special rate was ever considered for us. Is there time to try to get a special rate?

Is there a way to find out how many riders will be staying in Heber City that night? From what I can see so far, there's at least 3 of us. :tu