17th Annual V2V Ride

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay back to the post that started this which was posting this ride on FB making it known to the general public. I never intended my coments to indicate discrimnation of any kind, those conlcusions came about by others. I probably confused it by teh discussion on VMC membership, but all I was trying to point out is this has the potential of inviting general public. Based on my knowledge of other events that have been hijacked and/or had unintended consequences I do no think it is a good idea. Are we also going to post stops and hotel info out to the public? - Gene

I was looking at last years legs and realized we don't have the poll where folks can sign in so we get a head count of how many to expect. I'm going to check on a few (somewhat) interesting places in Ks to stop. Anyone who has been from Russell to KC, I'm open to suggestions. There's not much of anything west of Hays until Denver!

There are three of the eagles in Ks. (Wamego, Topeka, and Lawrence) and a lot of the old 40 hwy

(40/140/24). I'll be doing the Russel/Wilson - KC leg, and toying with doing the Castle Rock leg.

Paul, if you'll PM me.....see if we can work something out

Charlie Dischner

11XC (twice)

the 14 legs have been restored to 14 legs , so that the ride will finish on July 4th, 2016. I personally apologize for this confusion....................this is my first attempt at this and made a mistake. I promise to do better. If any one wishes to contact me or wants to become a leg captain, please reach me at vohn.busby@gmailcom or the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/17th-Annual-Victory-Highway-Rally-1590107677978255/.

This will be my first V2V so I'm not familiar with how things work. A few of the daily stops show 2 cities/towns (i.e. Salt Lake City/Park City, Denver/Castle Rock, etc). For the purpose of hotel reservations, is it possible to get the single name of the city/town the V2V ride will be ending the daily ride for those legs that show multi-named cities/towns?

Thanks! :yho

Since you have not received any offers from anyone to captain Leg 3, Ely NV to Park City UT, I'll be happy to do it. I'll ride up to Ely from Henderson on Wed, 22 JUN to meet the riders coming from the west. Anyone from the area who would like to ride up together, and maybe share a motel room, let me know. I plan to ride 93/50 all the way to Ely after getting off 15, a little longer than staying on 318/6 but supposedly more scenic. Hope to get into Ely around 3-5 pm. A nice day's ride in hopefully good weather.

This is my first V2V so I ask for everyone's patience. My ride plan for Leg 3, Thu 23 JUN, is to ride to Park City via 50 getting there about motel check-in time or soon thereafter. Any suggestions and/or recommendations gladly welcomed. My plan is to ride to Frederick MD.

Snowman808 :)