2018 event dates list

sonicbluerider - 2017-12-01 2:30 PM

time for someone to make a list on here for Vmc events in 2018!!!!!! thanks

The Events Committee does not typically receive any proposals for regional meet funding until the new year (there are a few exceptions depending upon the year).  Currently, there are final items to be worked based upon the budget that cannot be completed until the end of the year.

Jim

The EC HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY PROPOSALS. ALL PROPOSALS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SENT TO THE REGIONAL REPS. PROPOSALS CAN BE SENT TO THEM ANYTIME. THEN THE REPS CAN SUBMIT REQEST AS SOON AS THE BUDGET IS APPROVED.

THE ONLY ISSUE IS WHEN THE EVENTS BUDGET IS APRROVED AND ALLOCATION OF FUNDING IS DETERMINED AFTER BOD APPROVAL.

THERE IS A DRASTIC REDUCTION OF FUNDS SO ALLOCATIONS WILL BE MUCH LOWER.

WE NEED TO BUILD THE MEMBERSHIP TO INCREASE FUNDING SUPPORT OF EVENTS.

IMHO maybe it's time that some considerations are included in this process. My observation is that long standing events can increase participation, which ought to be a goal. Whether the RRs do this or the events committee I think it is something that should be looked at. - Gene

The EC is welling to put together a list of year events, that isn’t a problem. You must understand that the EC doesn’t get all those date until a request has been received and approved.

Also the EC has requested that after all event have been completed at review was requested that has not happened in most cases. Groups have not submitted those reviews!

Also I have had contact from people angry about othe events conflicting with a long standing event. The EC DOES NOT DICTATE WHEN GROUPS HOLD THEIR EVENTS! That is up to them. If dates conflict people can make choices.

I think as a club we can do better, instead of creating conflicts we should be trying to prevent them. Since VMC funded events go through a process starting with the RR we must be able to work together at BOD level to de-conflict. For other events such as Helen we should make very effort to acknowledge that in our planning. And we should look for opportunities to get together as a club by leveraging established events such as Daytona Bike Week, Myrtle beach, AZ Bike week, Laconia, Sturgis.

Just some thoughts. - Gene

I agree that Policy and Procedure should be reviewed annually and amended as needed. However, I don't think it should be that committee's sole discretion as to what changes are made. IMHO I think it would be good that after the close of each year ALL COMMITTEES should submit reports to the BoD reflecting what happened or did not happen during the previous year, what that committee's opinion on these things is, and what steps that committee recommends take place in the coming year. I could be mistaken being new to the BoD and not knowing my way around very much just yet but it appears to me that many committees do not submit annual reports, thus perpetuating problems and in some instances, perhaps, creating new ones. Committee Chairs should be held accountable for this. Just because we are all volunteers does not give us leeway to sluff off our responsibilities regarding reporting etc. Without knowing the current status of things, such as this recent complaint regarding the timing of the National, how are we supposed to make any changes? So - I would suggest that ALL COMMITTEE CHAIRS take a few minutes/hours to sit down at your desk/computer and look at what you've dealt with in the past year. Then, make your report to the BoD for the previous year so we can move forward realistically and make the changes that are needed to keep this club viable and active.

I was just pointing out the dates so people knew it’s not at the same time as nationals and we’re not asking for funding in case people were wondering that’s all

I took a look at the Reports Polls and it looks to me like the following 2017 Year End Reports have been filed: 2017 Year-End Secretary's Membership Report - 2017 Treasury which is included as part of the 2018 Budget now under review. Now - I may be looking in the wrong places, but it appears to me that these are the only reports that have officially been filed. Not good!