Our Thoughts...

CamNeelyphile

All the PMs, posts like this, and phone calls of support from so many of you guys blows me away and wets my eyes, I can't thank you enough. It's truly great to know who your friends are. Thanks a ton. I extended my stay until the weekend as he seems to be improving, although his overall prognosis is not good being it is small cell lung cancer he's fighting. We'll take all the prayers you guys can muster, thanks again from myself, and my family. :inw

Thank you all from me, and from my family. When I told them about all the out pooring from you guys they were overwhelmed and it brought aray of sunshine to a very dark place. They now know why I always talk about the VMC and how special a place it really is. Thank you my brothers, and I don't say that lighhtly, I assure you. He is improving and we seem to have the infections under control. His type of cancer has a terrible prognosis, but this isn't his time as we seem to have the infections under control and now it's a matter of getting him more responsive now that they have things controlled for now, even though it does seem to be back (he was in remission as of late May, and beat the 1 in 5 odds given him). Now I just hope he can double down and keep his winning streak going. I know with all your prayers and support his chances just got much, much better. Tomorrow I hope he's alert and responsive enough for me to tell him how awesome you guys really are. Thanks again, can't say it enough. :tu

Thank you all again and again, from myself and also from my family. The support from you all is overwhelming and appreciated more than you'll lever know. I love this club, and everyone in it. Needing all the help we can get, it's extremely comforting to read these posts and all the PMs, as well as the many phone calls I've gotten. Please do keep the prayers coming.

[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Once again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Your support helps me get through the day more than you'll ever know. His physical health, ie the fever, infections, and the discomfort caused by them, are now handled and under control, so physically he's much better. His mental state, or more accurately his deepened lack of responsiveness (most of the time but not always) has us now more worried about how this has affected him. Not having eaten or taken anything by mouth for several weeks, they finally started giving him some nutrition by NG tube (thank God not a surgical feeding tube) last night and today and we're hoping this combined with him now being off pain meds gives him some strength back and that he'll snap out of it and wake up more. What sucks is I can't extend my stay further again and will have to go home tomorrow to take care of some business that needs attention. Leaving his side tomorrow morning is something I can't even begin to fathom how to handle. It will likely be the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I just pray, as long as he is comfortable, and better still that he improves, before I can get back here. With Lobsterfest approaching, and having been the last father/son ride we did together two years ago after his heart issues were better, it's an even harder time still. Pray for my strength to hold myself together tomorrow please guysd, I really need that right now more than anything.

If I haven't said it enough, I love all you guys and can't thank you enough for everything you've done to give me strength at a time when I need it most. You guys rock!

Will, Wanda and I hope that all goes well.  Leaving your dad tomorrow will be very hard, but the important thing is he is still hanging in there.

Hopefully we will meet at Lobsterfest.

Best wishes!

Last night Heaven's gates opened and welcomed a great man. He was a fellow rider, a mentor like no other, a great husband and grandfather, a dearly beloved father who always put his friends and family first. From myself and my family, we cannot thank you all enough for your support through this very difficult time. He will be at peace now and will ride with me in my heart forever. :chpr