2009 National Meet Retrospective

Prior to this group, I have never been a member of a club. Prior to this I never saw the reason. The past two and a half years and in particular the past three days have shown me the reason. When people from all walks of life and from locations as diverse as snowflakes can come together in a place many have not heard of, much less been to, just because they have a common interest.....this is the meaning of a club. I cannot express my appreciation that you all would come here, not really knowing what was in store for you. You took a chance and my deepst desire is that you were not disappointed. This is what I can say about the 2009 National Meet and I hope the 2010 National Meet will be bigger and better...I know it will. Here is my top eleven thigs I learned about the Meet:

1. If you are planning any kind of an event...call Michael's mom and have her take care of the welcome table. Fly her in if need be. Yes I am SERIOUS. DOLLY TOTALLY ROCKS and without her help....we would not have been able to take care of a lot of the other things that needed to be taken care of. I contribute the success of the meet to her hard work, dedication to the table and obscession with every guy who walked within 50 feet of the table. ;)  I love you mom!! :y: :y: :y: :y:

2. The assistance of the people at the Meet was amazing. Even though you were guests of ours, your desire and really insistance to get in there and help out was amazing. Thanks to everyone who helped set up and take down the tents, move things, lift things, throw things, run the rodeo and everything else.

3. If you are planning on 60 - 80 for an early bird BBQ....buy food for 120 - 130. Some how a free BBQ makes people come early.....VERY cool turnout you all!!! Thank you Joanne for all the Costco runs.

4. Just because other local motorcycle clubs may not ride the same bikes as we do, many are eager to jump in and help out. Use them if needed. The B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S.  (Bikers Against Stupid Twits And Really Dumb Shits) ROCKED the BBQ on Thursday and made excellent choices for the bike awards. The Christian Motorcycle Association did a great job manning the silent auction tables and providing water at Vista Point not to mention the Sunday morning service. I think it's a broader based common interest thing. Thanks to you all.

5. Mother Nature has a very cruel sense of humor. Even during the traditionally driest weeks of the year, rain CAN and MAY fall.

6. Get the camera ready BEFORE trying to get a pic of the HD owner riding biotch on Golfer's Vision because his tranny puked. (Future Vic owner now, and a worthy member of the club)

7. You need a lot of tables to display silent auction merchandise and a lot of time to get it set up. Start early.

8. If you need a credit card machine...make sure it is working well in advance of anything.

9. Invite your Regional Reps over to check on your progress...you never know what kind of opportunities for embarassment may develop during their visit.

10. NEVER drive your truck and trailer through Texas if it has a big company logo on the side of your trailer and your truck is over 11,000 lbs.

11. Make sure the hotel's water heaters are working correctly. Sorry to all who had cold showers this morning. :(

It was my extreme pleasure to get to meet all the officers (except Kozy as he was unable to attend). As for Tom and I, we are not yet sure who can drink more beer. The dang bar closed too soon!! Thanks to Scott of Conquest Customs and Big Joe of Kewl Metal for coming up and giving us some really cool products for the auction. I just hope you will come back to deliver GT to me when I win the raffle Scott!!! I know I can provide a down comforter to keep you warm. ;)  Hope your knee is feeling better Joe and I hope you used the lack of sales tax to your advantage Pat.

As I sit here this evening wondering where each and every one of you are at and wishing I was with you all riding, I would like to thank you all for coming to our little neck of the woods this weekend and I can't wait until the next time our paths cross. Ride safe and ride far. Hope to see you again soon.   8)

Fire n Ice

Jim - thanks for all your hard work.  I'll bet this endeavor was a full-time job for at least 6 of the last 12 months.  You really did set the bar for future events.  Right now you are probably under the knife - here's wishing you a speedy recovery and the future full use of your arm :y: :y: Thanks again!!!

Home! 4,800 + mi's and what an adventure. (Pikes Peak, Sturgis, been there, done that, got the pin.)

Jim and the NW crew set the bar for the next one.

Was great to meet and put faces to those you talk to on the VMC and shoot the shit with old friends.

'Till next time.

:chpr

Guest Guest

I have to let everyone know what a great time I had at the rally in Billings. As a proud owner of a hammer and being at my first rally it was quite an experience. I met people from anywhere on the map who all came together to enjoy their bikes, the road and a great time. A special thanks to the guys in Elk Island who invited us, and thanks to everyone who put in the fantastic work to make this such

a memorable event. :tu

Well Jim, I have to agree with at least 2 of your 11 observations.....

The B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S. are a real class act....and yes the "pillow" Joanne made for me to commemorate the "motor boat welcome" to Billings last December to check out the event planning made it home....and yes I used it as my pillow on the way home....(still hate underwire bra's!!)

Thanks for all the work you've done that last 10 months......wish I was closer and could help out during your recovery.....or even let you ride "bitch" on the Vision so you don't lose your riding legs!!!

I hope Jim and his crew in Billings would put together a kind of checklist, or a Meet Handbook, covering all the large & small things that were done in this great National Meet. There were a number of little details that indicated some subtle thinking on somebody's part.

Like that thing announced in an ad hoc fashio about Yellowstone Valley Polaris/Victory offering to ship personal effects hom to anyone at the meet. Remember that? That kind of thng shoiuld become part of EVERY meet in the future (and it doesn't have to be done by a local deal--could be a local shipping store, for example).

Anyway, I hope a comprehensive list of all these details can be created to help guide future Meet planners.