Sign in to follow this  
Fire n Ice

Home from National Meet - Check In

rolled in at 730pm from Dubois Wy..  left Custer Tues morn with Jim Liston and at the 18, he went east and I went west and south..  great time in billings, fun meeting new people and old..  If you haven't had the pleasure of sharing a cabin with Jimmy1time the gangsta, and Jim Liston the snorer, ya just dont know what you are missing... 

Thank for a great JOB Jim---------Randy

Took the Ferry to Port Townsend, WA this morning. Rode down the Olympic Penninsula. Sitting here in Astoria, OR tonight. Still got a thousand miles to go!

Tom

Vern and I finally made it home around 7:30pm. We had a great time-thoroughly enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones - saw a lot of amazing countryside-even though Vern had a drive belt blowout at Craters of the Moon. Thanks Michael and all for stickin with us!

Made it home to Bancroft Ontario, Canada at 6:00 PM last night....great meet Jim and folks.....set a new standard....hope you are taking some time to relax...thanks again...

Vbear

I am back.....4,200 miles in 8 days, nice.......Would have been more if a certain someones Harley hadn't taken a crap on Friday....

Thanks to all involved!!!!

A big THANKS to Jim and all who helped, had a great time! Kelli and I spent two days in Sturgis took it easy on the way home and spent Tues night in Sioux Falls. Got home Wed afternoon.

for anyone interested, Gayle and Steve are at my place here in Nampa, and headed to Starkey tomarrow...so they are not lost like everyone thought-------------Randy

Well, I guess I'd better at least check in. I'm in Kansas City tonight. I know I live in California and I didn't make a wrong turn somewhere. I rode with Randy till Hot Springs and then to Yankton to see the museum where Tom Wise's Great-great grandpa is enshrined. He's famous. No, not for inventing beer. He was Custer's band leader. And a quite accomplished composer as well. I went to Spirit Lake but was too late for the tour and try as I might, I couldn't convince anyone to give my a personal viewing of the plant. The nerve. I'll be tooling around the midwest for the next few days and then off over the Continental Divide and home. Gonna get lots of rain. I'm really glad I met so many great people at the rally. So many names and faces now match up. And you all know who I mean. The company was great, the rides were great and I can't wait till next year.

Got back home in California on Wednesday--no mishaps or problems going or coming. The red Hammer was flawless. The ride from here to Billings & back was an amazing experience. And many thanks & congratulations to Jim and all those who helped organize the meet in Billings. Most of us can't imagine the dedication & energy it takes to do something like this, but I want Jim and his colleagues to know it is appreciated. And know it is a lot EASIER when you do it the second time! http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/images/emoticons/cc_thumbsup.gif http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/images/emoticons/chopper.gif :chpr

Got back into Vegas on Thursday evening... lots (and I do mean LOTS) of wind on the last leg from Salt Lake City down to Vegas. TigerLily and Pappion arrived safely back in the Bay Area on Friday afternoon. They had rain and wind to contend with, but made it "home" safely.

There's no place like home after riding for 11 days, 3,558 miles, and covering 7 states (California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado, and Utah).....wow, what a long, strange trip it's been.

But man, what a blast I had! Filled with breathtaking scenery (Yellowstone, The Beartooth, Chief Joseph Highway, Little Big Horn, The Rocky Mountains), spending good times with great friends and making new friends (The National Meet in Billings, Deadwood, Sturgis)....

...and the best damn riding I've ever done. And the scariest....gusty winds, rain storms and cold temps all the way home for the final two days coming back through Utah and Nevada with Tigerlily, before the California sunshine thawed us out.

Can't wait to figure out how to top this vacation.

Great job Jim on the Meet. Looking forward to the next one.

Greetings from Omaha,Ne. I put Laura on a plane at 6 AM this morning (SATURDAY). We spent 3 days in Hill City,SD riding the Vis & seeing some absolutely awesome scenery: Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Mt, Sturgis, the Devil's Tower (over in Wy), and a day riding the Badlands Loop with a stop at Wall Drugs.

I'll be driving "the rig" back to Jacksonville after a day's rest here just outside of Omaha.

Jim, Code Blue and all others involved in the planning & execution of the Meet: you guys ROCK ! Although it's our 1st National Meet, it was a great time seeing friends & meeting a lot of folks who had only been a "handle" on the VMC.

Sorry I haven't wrote yet, got home wens. Ended up rideing home with my nephew. Gives me a reason to come back out there. Jim what a great job everyone did thank you.

Well I finally slept in my own bed last nite , after 9742 kms,or 6000 miles, It was a time in my life that I'll never forget ,and I want to THANK YOU ALL for making it happen ,,,,Jim ,,you and your team really know how to throw a PARTY ,,,,,again THANK YOU ,,,,,,rerailer

Got home last night at 08:15. 6043 miles and 14 states in 15 days.

A BIG THANKS to Jim and Michael and Mom for a fantastic National Meet. So many people to thank and numerous new friends. What an adventure.

I am sitting here drinking my coffee and trying to wake up. My brain says hell no. So much to write about....people and places. Just not functioning enough to do so right now. After leaving Billings on Sunday, Barb. Ira and I went north to Glacier and rode the Going To The Sun Road and then down through Idaho and the Salmon River. (Thanks Jim for the advice...one of the best rides ever). Then to Twin Falls Idaho (Shoshone Falls was amazing). South down into Utah and across the open range from Vernal to Craig Colorado (what an evening ride that was, right at sunset). Continued throught Steamboat Springs to Colorado Springs and across I-70/I-24/I-75 home to Atlanta.

I will write more later...once the cobwebs have cleared and the road grime has been removed. But then that will take a few days.

Jim,

You did an excellent job on this event and we had a wonderful time. After a trip trhough Sturgis and Deadwood we arrived home Friday. We really enjoyed seeing and meeting so many of you. Kathy (Hot Cherries) and I look forward to seeing you again!

Home yesterday @ 3:00 after 3400+ miles......Warning!!! Southern Idaho does not like Victory's....The wind tried to blow KulAid and I off the road for 200 miles....and I mean 50-60 mph head and cross winds.....other than that and rain....what a great time Jim.... :chpr

Arrived back in the flat curve less place that is home last night, 3500 miles all without incident, just missed the hail in Sturgis!! Had a blast, and as mentioned before, Thanks Jim and everyone else that was involved, your hard work sure allowed us to have an unforgettable trip. Met some great people, its nice to be able to put faces to so many names. I'm looking forward to attending many more.

Hey everyone - Tom & I just made it home. We had a fantastic time, over 4,000 miles with no problems. Thanks to Jim and "his crew" for all of your hard work. You get an A+ for The Meet. Jim, you are going to be a hard act to follow next year!

Patti

Guest Guest

Got home this morning about 3am. I put just over 3200 miles on the bike round trip. We left Billings about 10 am Sunday and went over Bear Tooth Pass into I believe Carter City. The wife and I sat down to eat at the cafe and ran into about 15 V.M.C. members sitting right next to us. They were a hoot and it was a nice lunch. After lunch the wife and I rode through the east side of Yellowstone, through Tu Ton and into Jackson for the night. The next day we rode down the Wyoming Idaho border into Utah's Flaming Gorge Park and eventually found our way into Meeker Colorado for the night. Tuesday we rode through Aspen, over Independence Pass, back up to I-70 and down through Breckinridge, eventually finding our way to Colorado Springs. We hung out there until Friday afternoon and rode to Amarillo for the night. I hung out with my cousin all day Saturday and made it back to Oklahoma City about 3am Sunday. It sucked missing all of the meet. But at least I got a shirt! Had to replace the clutch cable Saturday morning, or else we would have been in Billings in time for dinner. Should have changed the cable before I left OKC, but I forgot. It had already broke on me in June. I've been riding with a quick fix barrel on the tranny end from Oreilly's since it broke. After we got back to Colorado Springs I had to change the back tire and back brakes. But nothing went wrong with the bike. It was all rider error. I've got 31,000 miles on that bike in 14 months, and had no problems with it other then the clutch cable and maintenance. I've had the good fortune of owning the best brand and model of motorcycle for my first bike. Spoiled rotten. Thanks for lunch Code Blue. I look forward to getting involved with the club more on a national level. :chpr