Sign in to follow this  
rt50484

Poll: Leg 14 - July 4, 2009 Reno, NV to Oakland, CA

Let your leg captain know if you are riding single or 2-up on this leg. Please note it on the polling option.

I've frozen the former thread, Leg 14 - July 4, 2009 Reno, NV to Oakland, CA, but it is still available for reading. Please communicate in this thread ride details, questions for the leg captain and, of course, answers to those questions.

Thanks,

...Ross

Original Thread

PATTI

Posted 2009-02-11 9:08 PM (#653480 - in reply to #653477)

Leg 14 - the final leg is being sponsored by the Nor-Cal chapter. Pecos Kid is the leg captain and he will be posting information soon.

FishWitch

Posted 2009-02-17 7:44 PM (#656865 - in reply to #653477)

POST V2V Party at Redd's in Santa Rosa INFO

Hello Final Leg'rs!

Below is the route we will be taking from Reno to Oakland. The route combines two-lane roads where practical and some freeways where necessary. By mapping program calculations it looks to be about 270 miles. Basically we will taking some frontage roads through the Sierras from Truckee to Auburn, freeway through Sacramento, run down the Sacramento River to Antioch, freeway through the Caldecott tunnels and into Oakland/Emeryville.

Lunch will be in Freeport along the Sacramento river. We will making plenty of stops for scenic points and historic points. Dinner location is yet to be determined as are hotel recommendations. Please keep checking for details and updates.

Met with the owners of the Freeport Bar & Grill and we are confirmed for lunch there.

http://freeportbarandgrill.com/index.html

This a great spot for us. The food is great and they have agreed to let us sit either inside in the cool A/C or outside under the trees. They are also going to provide us with priority parking in front.

:chpr

Hi JR--we are headed to Napa,, so will cut off when we hit Rt 12 at the bridge and see ya all again at Redds.

EX-inlaws and GP's in Napa,, we are staying at the motel 6 by Redds---------Randy

I Voted

**********Latest News on Leg 14*********

Gathering point for the start of Leg 14 will be at our Excellent Dealer in Reno, Reno Cycles & Gear at 8:00 am on July 4. Their address is:

3445 Kietzke Lane

Reno NV 89502

(775) 355-8810

http://www.renocycles.com/default.asp

Gary says we are welcome.

Please get there by 8:00am, fueled and ready to ride. We'll depart at 8:30am.

:dp

Guest Guest

I made my reservation at the Western Village in Reno for the 3rd. I'll meet you there and ride with you as far as Sacramento.

Representing Southern Cal

Steve100-6

:dp

If you haven't gotten your

V2V Shirts & Pins

NOW

IS THE TIME!

The V2V starts on June 21, 2009

Time is running out.

THESE

ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THE RIDE!!