V2V "16" Leg#13 ~ 7.3.15 ~ Ely,NV - Carson City,NV

Wendy & I are in.

I will get a block of 20 rooms reserved very soon so we will get to stay at the Gold Dust West again instead of the Carson Station like last year. well actually, I'll sleep at home

was gonna do it this week but I came up with that flu bug :bm  stay away from sick people, this sucks

Gold Dust West wants a 2 night minimum over the holiday. if you guys want to stay in Carson City it looks like the Carson Station again like last year.

Maybe a block of rooms in Reno? I know the Dealer would like to see us in the morning on the way out to San Fran.

any thoughts????

I reserved 20 rooms at the Carson Station and the dinning room we had dinner in last year as well. dinner at 7pm

I should have final details later this afternoon or tomorrow. looks like the room split will be half kings and half queens and the reserved status will go away Friday June 27th

Hotel just called and rates are the same for either rooms $89.00 + tax

I'll go in tomorrow and sign the contract

:chpr :chpr   see ya in July :chpr :chpr

I signed for the rooms yesterday, when calling mention "Victory" that is the file our block of rooms are being held
half Kings and half Queens and I believe the queen are doubles
reserved block goes away June 26 so get your resies early

address is 900 S. Carson st. right on the main drag and right down the street from the Capitol grounds there is also a Great bar across the street called Redds, they boast 101 different beers.

toll free # is 800 501-2929
or local is 775 883-0900

web site  http://www.carsonstation.com 

robbrutus - 2015-01-06 11:14 AM

Welcome to the 16th Annual Victory Highway Relay (V2V)

Leg Captain:

Co. Captain:

Hotel: 

I can lead the group in from Ely to Carson. I already got rooms & dinner set up at this end.

We already have reservations in Ely as well

I don't think anyone else from our LC can get time off for this years V2V so there doesn't seem to be a co-captain

I need some help getting t-shirts further west. If you have room, please see if you can transport and help sell shirts to the next leg. Shirts are 10 dollars and pins are free again this year. All proceeds will be donated to the IAVA charity. Please leave all collected funds in the Victory pack and I will have them sent to me from the last leg.

Thanks

Rob

Sorry folks but I will be unable to meet up in Ely on Thursday and lead the group back to Carson City Friday.

I seem to have an infection where I recently had surgery and I ain't riding across the desert in that condition. Wendy & I should be able to meet up for the hand off dinner at the Carson Station Friday night at 7pm.

:chpr  I certainly hope someone will step up to take the Baton from Ely to Carson City. :chpr

We do not have a V2V Committee Chairman for the 2016 V2V. We need someone to step up to the plate and take the lead for this event or it will end. The V2V has been part of the VMC from the beginning! This is not an easy event to co-ordinte since it involve getting people to volunteer as leg captions for 14 legs to pass the baton from leg to leg.

The Events Committee needs help to continue the tradition of support for our the V2V.

If you are the person or persons that can meet this challenge contact me ASAP!

Chuck Miller

Events Chairman