VMC National Meet 2009 – Hotel Reservations

Fire n Ice

Just as a reminder to all who are planning on attending the National Meet in Billings, Montana next July, the weekend for this event is immediately before the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota. For those attending Sturgis from points west, Billings is commonly referred to as the last stop for a burger, a beer and a bed. In other words, waiting until the last minute to make your reservation may not be very prudent. While we have 150 rooms at the BHCC and another 50 at the Wingate, other hotels will be filling up as time passes for this same time slot. Please, if you are planning on coming, get your reservations made soon. We still have time to make arrangements for additional hotel rooms but the window will be closing before you know it. Don’t forget to PM me when you have your reservation made so you can get into the drawing for the free room.

Meet information can be found here –

http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=61550&posts=8&start=1

Thanks Ken. The owner of Yellowstone River Campground apparently tried to get a hold of me on Friday but as I was showing our illustrious NW rep around town on friday afternoon, we did not get to talk. I will post any new or additional info about the campground as soon I can.

PLEASE be sure to PM me once you have made your reservation. I have three additional reservations that I do not believe I have not received a PM from yet namely Gerry G., Greg H. and Ira L.. If you do not want to be included in the drawing for the free room that's fine just let me know that too but if you want to be in the drawing for a free room you need to send me a PM after you have made your reservation. If you don't, I will have no way to contact you if you win and we'll have to go to the next person whose screen name I do know. All I can see on the hotel printout for our group is your real name and while I know many peoples real names, I may not know yours. Currently there are 12 people in the drawing. 8)

I am looking for a rider or riders to ride with to the VMC National Meet 2009.

I am trying to plan the trip and stops early.

Looking to leave around the 25th of JULY and head back on the 3rd or 4th.

These dates are not set in stone so if you have any ideas and are going for the meet and would like a little company please let me know.

Big Joe.

Edited by Big Joe 2008-12-28 11:56 AM

I posted this in he main thread but it might bear repeating here. If you book a room at the Wingate be sure to mention that it's for the VMC Meet. The rate quote went from $129 a night to $99 a night when I mentioned it.

Be sure to use the code "Victory" for either hotel. I mentioned this earlier but it probably way down at the beginning of the thread. Camping info is in the VMC Meet thread but there is no one in the office until the 15th of April. Here is a re-print of the info.

Preliminary camping info finally in for Yellowstone River Campground. First, there is no one in the office to take reservations until April 15th. This is due to past experience of reservations made early in the year being cancelled later. The lady to ask for is Judy and she has marked our Meet on the calendar and has plenty of room for everyone who wants to camp. She will give us a 10% discount so be sure to mention you are with the Victory Motorcycle Club to get the reduced rates. They have dry sites, sites with water and electricity and cabins. The cabins can sleep 5 (price includes 2 and an extra fee is added for additional people). There is a bunk bed with a single on top and a double on the bottom. There is also a futon type couch that folds out into another double. Ok maybe they actually sleep 3 unless you and your buddy like to get really cozy. Just please don’t tell me about it. wink.gif  They have heat and air conditioning, table and chairs, bar-b-que, swing on the porch and a picnic table. Judy said actual prices have not yet been determined for the year but they will be by April 15th. Sorry to make you all wait but it’s still winter up here.

Fire n Ice - 2008-12-06 11:34 AM

Just as a reminder to all who are planning on attending the National Meet in Billings, Montana next July, the weekend for this event is immediately before the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota. For those attending Sturgis from points west, Billings is commonly referred to as the last stop for a burger, a beer and a bed. In other words, waiting until the last minute to make your reservation may not be very prudent. While we have 150 rooms at the BHCC and another 50 at the Wingate, other hotels will be filling up as time passes for this same time slot. Please, if you are planning on coming, get your reservations made soon. We still have time to make arrangements for additional hotel rooms but the window will be closing before you know it. Don’t forget to PM me when you have your reservation made so you can get into the drawing for the free room.

Meet information can be found here –

http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=61550&posts=8&start=1

Just want to keep this in everyone's mind.

My friend and I are booked at the Billings hotel and conference center. We got a 2 bed, non smoking for Thursday, Friday, Saturday night. We are able to rent a roll away for the room. For the 3 nights with tax and fees and renting the rollaway, it will be $349. First $100 gets the roll away for the 3 nights....Cheap deal for someone, and helps wiht our bill too....