Sign in to follow this  
lobsterhunter

!!!!!!!!!!!!!FREE ROOM AT THE MEET CONTEST!!!!!!

I would second the nomination for Jim Underwood....but the guy is too damn humble to accept...can't say enough about the Lobs!!! :inw :inw

Therefore I respectfully request the FREE ROOM be donated to the VMC member who travels the farthest distance (from their address to the host hotel....no riding in circles to rack up miles).  After all, with gas prices being what they are, the furthest VMC member would likely benefit the most. 

JMO.....

I nominate Gary (Woodlandvic) not only is he a good friend to me but has been invaluable to many members here on the VMC and Vic owners not on the VMC.  He has spent countless hours on the phone helping customers across the country with their mechanical issues and helping them with replacement parts at no cost.  I have personally seen Gary work well into the late hour nights on customers bikes and even coming in at the wee hours of the morning to help customers get on the road. I think over the past few months this has been forgotten by many especially a few that he has gone WAY out of his way for and this would be a great way to say thank you to him. I also think that it would be a once in a lifetime event to have Gary, KevinX and Lloyd at the same venue!!!

I also think Jim deserves the free room.

Acted as Prez on a moments notice and did a damn fine job...

2 Lobsterfests at his house at HIS EXPENSE....

A fine rider and ambassador for Victory motorcycles...

He leans his Vision like a sumbitch...

He let Gladiator pee in the back seat of his truck...

He came close to losing everything he had in the fires while still trying to sell discounted 50" plasma TVs, get ready for the SE Meet, run a business, and make plans for the National Meet..

He will take you fishing or crabbing... or fishing and give you crabs...

Crown is like apple juice....

He has a kick ass pad... a kick ass family... and especially a kick ass wife for putting up with us heathens for two years in a row...

He never asks for anything in return...

He let me ride my first Vic without a hint of who I was or my riding experience (before it became the Reaper)...

He made sure our brother from the great Northwest had the Reaper to ride when he flew down for Lobsterfest last year...

There are so many things Jim has done for not only the whole club, but for members from around the country.. He does it without asking anything in return and he does it because he is a genuinely good guy.. (unless you piss on his back seat)... :blnk

I know his intent was not to be nominated, but I think it is as fitting a nomination as can be made... and a damn well deserved one as well... it's the least we could do... :y:

I'm going to step out there with ANOTHER nomination...

kevinx...

Talk about one hell of a mechanic... an ambassador for the brand... all around good guy...

Kevin has overcome many things in the past to make it to where he is now...

The ONLY mechanic I completely trust with my bike...

Always there when you need him with the correct answer the first time...

Always answers your questions, no matter how stupid they are..

He changed the headlight bulbs in my Vision (that's worth a free room itself)...

Has let me crash at his place on several occaisions...

General....... need I say more?...

LIVES.... and LOVES life.....

Loves his brothers unconditionally... unless you pee in his drink bottle...

We are ALL his family.... and are all welcome at his place... (dinner on him Friday night)..

Newberry Backyard BBQ is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER...

This man has helped countless Vic owners to understand their bike and it's idiosyncracies... we have ALL benefitted from his expertise...

He doesn't mind being called... "swoopy"...

One National Championship... one Heisman trophy winner... and STILL can't beat Auburn!!! :y:

He has a kick ass wife.... a kick ass dog.... and a kick ass work ethic...

He has the most posts....

I'm honored to be able to call him my friend....

Another damn fine nomination.. another well deserved nomination....

OH... and he kicked my April 1 post OVER THE TOP!!! :y:

A vote for Gary Smith of Victory Lane Cycles - best wrench on the West Coast. I say give him the room and fill the fridge with cold ones.

I would have to say that Jim Underwood would be a logical recipient of this...........

He has absolutely NO financial incentive to do ANYTHING he does for the VMC. All his efforts and expenses come from good nature and generosity. Jim and Denise are quality people that I am HONORED to call my friends and MANY others feel the same way and have been shown the same hospitality by these good folks. Not that he would accept it without a fight but............. Jim, you are the REAL DEAL and I nominate you sir. 

Not that the others in this thread are not deserving of this, but, if ANYONE has ever been to Lobsterfest and seen what he does (from his own pocket) for the VMC............ I believe ALL would agree with me. 

Just a thought and I don't know exactly how to go about it. All of the folks mentioned are great candidates and as so many have pointed out, what make the VMC what it is and more than deserve this kind of payback/reward. What ever you want to call it. Even some of the folks doing the nominating should be considered. Having said that, is there someone who would like to come to the Meet in the Mountains who many not have the resources (money) to make this trip. Maybe due to the loss of a job, sick member of the family. If this room were awarded to that person(s) would they be able to attend this event. Maybe put a bright spot in an otherwise ruff time in their live(s). I know at just about every get together/event I attend with my VMC brothers and sisters I come away with great memories and the desire to ride and meet more of these great people.

Just a thought. If not on the right track then I really don't know who I would vote for. Lobs for his support and generousity to the club. KevinX for his support of the club in the way of freindship and tech support. Mike and Stewart because without them where would the SE Meet be. And Gary Smith who has certainly supported that lose bunch on the left coast. It will be good to get those guys on the right side of the US and show them what real riding is all about.

Isn't it good being a part of a group with so many great people. NOW BIG GROUP HUG!!! :beer I'll drink to that!

Ok here goes.

Gary Smith was born a poor black sharecroppers...........uhhhhhh....oops sorry thats a different story! :ltr :ltr :ltr :ltr :ltr :ltr

Gary started by taking mechanics in high school.  He fixed neighbors lawn mowers for extra cash.  When Twin Rivers Victory opened Gary went to work there.  Unfortunately the owner isn't the nicest of people.  Gary ended up at Schroeder's Motorsports (SMS) where he worked his ass off early and after hours to finish the job.  He had to deal with the owners son that was a total panty waste and the owners son's friend who barely got any work done.  That made Gary's job much much more difficult as he would be counting on the owners son to do a job that would take anyone 20 minutes and it would drag out for a week or two.

Gary would come in early to work on people's bikes so that they could make a ride or ride commitment.  I have been in the shop with Gary sometimes until midnight because a customer wanted their bike right now and Gary being the customer service oriented person he is would "git er done". I have been in the shop when he fielded phone calls for an hour or more from across the country from members and was able to get them fixed up and back on the road. I didn't realize until maybe a month before he was let go what they were paying him.  Believe me when I say that he was not getting anywhere near what he should have been getting in THAT business environment.  He never got a penny commission from parts or bikes that he sold.

He kept the shop very clean coming in early on Saturdays to sweep and clean up. Gary constantly promoted SMS and hosted events for VMC members.  I will tell you all this, many of those events SMS did not contribute too or contributed very little financially.  Gary came out of his OWN pocket to make sure the events went off smooth. If it wasn't for Gary NONE of the events at SMS would have ever happened.  I seriously doubt they would have even known anything about the VMC.

There were rumors floating around that SMS was either going to drop the Victory lineup or close.  Gary's first response to me was, What are all my Victory customers going to do?  That is when the idea of opening a shop came into play.

He is truly a dedicated and committed person to Victory.

You all know I have praised Gary time and time again and I feel this would be the ultimate for him. Well, aside from getting his own Victory bike. Right now I/we don't have the funds to send him there or pay for a room.  I am unemployed as I lost my job about a month after Gary.  If I had still been working I would have sent him myself.

I can't give a big sob story I can only give why I think he deserves it.  All I can do is hope he is able to attend this event.

Here's my vote for Gary (WoodlandVic) for the gig. Guy deserves a trip back east for all that he has done for many VMC members.

Hey Diamond, IF (decision not up to me) the east coast guys set him up with a room what are west coast guys going to do???? :dno

So Scott, how long has it been since you and your long lost (evil) twin got together? Just think, we would be seeing double without the Patron...

Hey Burt as of now it looks like there is some steam going to do a benefit ride to raise the funds for his flight and some spending cash.