Sign in to follow this  
jkoshar

National Meet 2015

Congratulations to the Nashvegas chapter on next years national meet.  I am looking forward to your hospitality!!!

You will have a great group of people coming!

Jim

Jim's group did a great job.. You guys in Nashville have your work cut out for you.. Good luck.. Looking forward to that..

This one could be difficult for me to make.  The best option, looking ahead, would be to ship the bike & fly down last minute.  That won't come cheap, and I don't have deep pockets.  Please let me know if you guys work out a discount with a shipper, with the end destination being the local Dealer whom I hope would be "on board" to accept bikes shipped.

I wish I had time to ride to and fro next year, but I don't.  I'll have a week.

I wanna go, so does my bike :tu :chpr

Return Shipping of Bike, £300 each way

NY to event 900 miles + return = 12 fillups @ Uk prices( £1.31 Ltr) 12x14x1.3 = £220

Home to airport/JFK to docks + Return £120.

Return flights £380

US accommodation costs 2 nights each way + 3 at event £300

Food, and beer etc for 8 days £500

TOTAL £2120 ($3,600) OUCH!!!!! :bm

Think I will have to leave it for a year or 2, either that or win the lottery.

One way or another I WILL get over with my bike one year, maybe do the AVR and National and get my moneys worth out of the travel costs.

I am in no way associated with the Nash-Vegas crew... but just was involved with the 2014 National in Hunter. Any way, you all will have to wait for the host club to announce the site & accomidations. They will open the site for reservations, with any club discounts that may be available. Trying to rush the gate will only cause confusion. C'mon people...be patient.

Hold tight guys. The NashVegas National Committee is working on the contract with the Embassy Suites. Can't post the hotel info until contract is approved and signed, though the quoted rates are very reasonable for the facility. If the hotel website is not showing rooms available for these dates it's either because it to far out, or there all blocked for the VMC.

Biggest reason everyone is trying to book now is as soon as the hotel management sniffs a way to make more money by jacking the rates, then it becomes harder to warrant going. If the rooms are regularly $139 a night and then they know they will have 100 rooms booked for an event, then the rate goes to $210 a night, and those of us who can't afford $210 a night but can scrape the $139 a night, may have to skip the event, which is a shame because the event in Hunter was great.

This is the problem everywhere a group holds an event, corporate greed.

Hopefully there will still be $39.95 a night rooms at Motel 6....where they keep the light on until 3am.

I agree that, at a minimum, the host for the following year should be informed before the National Meet. This would allow the host to put together a presentation of the following year's Meet, which could then be shown at the Meet Banquet to help introduce the Meet for following year, build enthusiasm, and maybe even start the reservation process. Even this leaves some riders in the lurch who have to request vacation time a year in advance. It would also allow the process of contracting the hotel or hotels to begin earlier, as well as contracting any other services that need to be contracted. It also allows the city that is hosting the event to be drawn into the process at an earlier time and start making dedicated plans for the Meet. The sooner a commitment can be made to the host, the better. The sooner the host can begin to plan and make commitments with the various entities involved, the better.

In fact, I think there would be advantages to planning the Meet two years out so that there is time to make arrangements with all the various entities, some of which plan events at least a year ahead of time. The actual locations of the following year's Meet wouldn't have to be announced until the Banquet of the current year's meet, but the Dates of the Meets could be announced so that people could make plans, especially those who have to request vacation time in advance.

LOOKING forward to the Meet next year and am sure that those responsible will do everything needed to have a great meet.

Great ideals, look forward to seeing plenty of proposals for future National rallys !!! Much easier to critique, than to plan out an event yourself. a little understanding, patience and forgiving for all the great folks who give up their time and take on the headache to insure everyone has a great time....thank you !!

I agree that it is much easier to critique than to plan an event and wouldn't have commented here if I wasn't helping with a proposal that was submitted this past June to the committee for either the 2015 or the 2016 Meet and is still on the table waiting for approval. The sooner our proposal is approved, the sooner we can move forward with our planning to insure that everyone has a great time in 2016.

Just to up date everyone here, I have almost finalized the contract with the Hotel and info should be available soon.

Wi-Fi will be included with the cost as well as a Breakfast and the Hospitality hour.

This is only part of what the hotel will provide to insure a Great event in Tennessee.

The EC and the P&P committees have started working on up grading the Events policy and procedures for future VMC Events. This process will take time to ensure that the process is easy for people to use and is a fare process for all involved. The VMC's growth has dictated that all polices and procedure be formulated to benefit the VMC Members.

For those that have no knowledge of how or what goes on to get proposals for the National Event I have worked on the past 5 National Events as Events Chairman. Each time there was only one proposal submitted to host the National. In the past I have had to beat the bushes and contacted people to get them to submit proposals to Host the National. Not many groups have stepped up to submit proposals. For 2015 there were 2 proposals for the first time! Both proposal had there merits and they both have great efforts behind the proposal by the people that submitted them. But you can only have one National each year and a selection was made as to which group would host the 2015 National. Hopefully the EC will not have to beat the bushes again to get a group to host 2016.

I am proud of the members of the Events Committee for the hard work that they provide to organize and over see all the VMC events. They spend many hours planning the AVR and V2V as well as developing a budget to support the many events that are held each year, with the limited funds that the VMC has available for events. Each year the Events committee is getting more and more request from group who what to host and event for our members to meet and enjoy their being a Victory owner, unfortunately there will never be enough funds to fully fund each event and it is getting hard for the EC to meet the needs of everyone that request funding support.

The guidelines for Events Committee is that it's members must be un bias when reviewing all funding request that are submitted.

Chuck Miller

VMC Events Chairman

It's been brought to my attention that we can reserve rooms for the National at the host venue already......what's up? Though we had to wait for the website and registration to be up first. Please explain.

Booked a room last night using the link provided on the homepage here at theVMC.com. With tax, a double queen suite was a few pennies under $150/night. Provided an option for WIFI at about $10/day, but the post above from Chuck indicates that WIFI will be included, so I wouldn't recommend paying extra.

Looks like you can have up to 4 people per suite with no additional charge.

Looked for campgrounds that were within a short drive from the Embassy Suites and offered some decent tent campsites and hot showers. Didn't find any.

I made my reservation at the Embassy Suites for the National Meet 2015.  The Adirondack Victory Riders had a great time hosting Victory on the Mountain and several of us are looking to see everyone again in Tennessee.  The biggest issue we have is which way to go to get there.

Jim